• Turquoise
  • Cyan
  • Military Green

0 voters

• Translucent (see-through)
  • Opaque (solid)

0 voters

1 Like

Green, red, yellow… Any primary colors are good.

Don’t overreact, I’ve got 6 black remotes and I’ve never been shit by the police.

7 Likes

Maybe that was a little too much :joy:

3 Likes

@YUTW123

Do these 3 pieces all work together? Or only 2 of them work together?

(two images combined into one)

Yesterday a cyclists got impressed with my e-skate and asked “do you accelerate by leaning forward?” I opened my hand to show him the Nano X and saw his eyes widening because he thought it’s a handgun. After I told him that’s a remote similar to RC cars he was relieved.
I’d never had trouble with the police though but Japan is not the USA.

4 Likes

The receiver is available in two versions, one with light control and the other with no light control.

2 Likes

But can you use all 3 at the same time?

Has anyone tried to do that? Does it work?

Let me try it for you.

2 Likes

Just tested it, it can only support one-to-one control, can not control two receivers at the same time
By the way, why do you want to control two receivers at the same time?

2 Likes

I only build using two receivers, unless it is a one-motor vehicle.

That way if there is any problem, it only affects one side. Like is there is a bad signal, only one side goes out. Or if an ESC malfunctions, I still have brakes. Most problems mean you can still get home or get to work using one motor.

But if the remote does not support this, then I can’t use it.

1 Like

6 Likes

better so. that would have be some dirty experience :rofl:

8 Likes
1 Like

You should run your board in FOC mode :slight_smile:

FOC mode is too quiet, you can’t hear if something is wrong and pedestrians can’t hear you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I like the violence and sound of square wave

6 Likes

Brian, i read somewhere that you use 2 esc for every 2wd you build.
I also read you use 2 receivers, so here is my question:
Why do you use no dual esc and why do you use 2 receivers for your remote?

you didn´t really asked him this question :see_no_evil::joy:

and you forgot to tag him :wink: so lets get it started @b264 mode on!

4 Likes

Wasn’t the 2nd part of this question already answered by Brian?

I myself also use 2 focboxes and 2 receivers. Running dual diagonals I want the escs be as close to the motors as possible. Yes, I know about the theory on battery wires and that you shouldn’t extend them more than … and also to add extra pots, but haven’t experienced any issues with slightly longer batt wires on one side.

Dual receivers because there is less room for accident if one esc or receiver fails and stops funcioning. Reliability is priority for me!

2 Likes

For reliability. I want the thing to keep running as much as possible. If one ESC dies, I want to still be able to skate home or to work. If the remote signal cuts out under heavy interference, I want one side to still be braking /accelerating because then the “jolt” that can knock you off is only half as big. Also still having brakes if one ESC dies is a good thing. Basically you have two one-motor esk8 mounted on the same deck.

For me, there is no going back – it’s saved my ass too many times – and I will never use an ESC that has 2 motors on it, and I won’t use any remote that does not support multiple receivers.

6 Likes