Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Let me know is exactly what I want to use it. Please don’t blow. Please don’t blow. Please don’t blow :joy:

1 Like

I’m running mine dumb with only a remote hooked up, so I can’t tell you how it will work with peripherals. Linny will no doubt give them a more proper test.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m planning 10s4p for (2) TBs 6374 190KV. Since I want davega X and a nice remote, I’m looking at this ESC to save a few bucks (well not save, but spend it elsewhere on the build).

2 Likes

You would happen to have a picture of where exactly you soldered them too?

1 Like

Shiiit I just bought one and was hoping to hook up the new FlexiBMS to it…

@SimosMCmuffin is there any way you can confirm if I will be able to use this esc with the flexi?

just connected both at this in parallel

6 Likes

Oh cool thanks!

Every time I see this thread’s title, I go “much wow”

9 Likes

A little hyperbole can be fun.

2 Likes

Got any kinda news for us inquiring minds want to know the early verdict of this Very cheap esc as the title says.

It has not reached to me yet, so i got nothing.

Maybe @BillGordon can give some input as to set up, and how it performs… say does it go over 50 deg celcius etc?

I tested the ESC with a 10S battery total of 50a battery and dual 60a motor on a 1km long steep hill. After the hill the ESC reached 55°C. In my opinion that is a quite decent result. However one strange thing happened so far, after hitting a strong bump I had some sort of disconnect, the ESC wouldn’t react to remote input whilst the remote showed that it still has signal. After a power cycle everything worked properly again. I have no clue what has happened.

1 Like

No 12s acting tho? That will be the real test.

1 Like

Somebody blow one of these up so we have a ball park for its real world limits.

3 Likes

I’m a go ahead and say it then these must be the shit nobody can blow one. What about the mini then?

what was the specs they were running at to blow it up? :o

I have been using one of these for the past week at 30/-25 battery and motor on both sides and it’s been performing really well! For the price and form factor I don’t think you can beat it!

1 Like

I need to scoop one of these. But I don’t need any more boards lol. The forever struggle

3 Likes

But it’s rated at 80, right? Somebody at least run them at 40 a side to see how things fair.

@ 30A a side, I’m still running FSESC 4.12’s @ $47 a side, and I don’t have to worry about losing both if one goes.

3 Likes

Me too lol. I want to grab 2 of these but already have 2 more boards I am currently working on that I already have esc for. The price is to damn good + free shipping. I just need to find better priced cells in the U.S.

1 Like