Maker X Bluetooth module cant load Firmware.??

Hallo guy,

i’ve just finished my build but can’t get my Bluetooth Module to work. I already tried updating the Firmware of my VESC ( Maker X Go-FOC DVB6) and flipping TX and RX 100 times. Also i tried every kind of settings but when i try connecting the divice it timed out or showed me can’ load Firmware. These are my settings →

2 Likes

This is the bluetooth module im using. MakerX Bluetooth Module suitable for all series of VESC

Why are you loading firmware. Should work OOB

1 Like

If I had to guess, the bluetooth module is either faulty or doesn’t have firmware on it.

You can try to flash it manually

Process is the same for the NRF51 and NRF52 chipsets, but the firmware is different. Just verify which chip it has and load the right firmware

1 Like

I’ve had a maker bluetooth power on but be unresponsive. One out ofmaybe 30-40… but it definitely happened.

Ok thanks already expected it. I’ll give you a update when i tried it with the new firmware.

I get this error every time i want to connect the SWD. Idk if i can’t over the usb port but i don’t have any other left on this VESC.

Had the same issue with same Bluetooth - swd flashing did not helped. Nothing hepled

It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like you are plugging the BLE module’s TX/RX wires into the hall sensor port? (circled in red in your pic). I assume this is because you are trying to program it, and if you previously tried connecting it to the COMM port with all the right wiring, then here is how to properly connect it to the SWD port.

You will need to connect the 3.3v, GND, SWDIO and SWDCLK connections on the bluetooth module, to the same pins on the ESC for the SWD programming to work. That module only has 4 wires, so the SWD connections must be pads on the module somewhere that you can solder wires onto. Something like this:

On the ESC, the SWD port is under the aluminum cover.

Once programmed successfully, you can hook it up like normal on the COMM port

5v → 5v
GND → GND
TX → RX
RX → TX

1 Like

Whoops marked the wrong port :slight_smile: those are for the hall sensors. I connected the BT module to the port right next to the marked 1. But i will flash the dongle with another VESC where i dont have to remove the cover and after flashing the right firmware i’ll try to use it on this VESC. I’ll update when i finish flashing.

@YUTW123 Is this an known issue. Im not the only one who’s having trouble installing your dongel. You also dont have a download link for the firmware of this dongle just those of the VSEC.

1 Like

RE-Download the firmware should solve the problem. It is recommended to use jlink downloader, if using VESCTOOL to download. You need to check “Verify during download”

1 Like

Hello Jaykup,

I upgraded the firmware successfully. But nothing has changed. Are there any other solutions i can try?

Based on the screenshot it appears as though you updated the firmware on the ST-LINK not on the bluetooth module?

These are the steps I’ve followed to load the firmware onto bluetooth modules in the past

Hopefully @YUTW123 can let you know which firmware version to use

1 Like

Did you get to fix it?
I have a similar issue