MadWheelz V1 Strange Rattling and Resonance.

A couple months ago my MadEskate wheels randomly started rattling. It sounds like an A-10 warthog machine gun. I tried different bearings, adding or removing spacers, tightening truck screws, and so many other things to get rid of the sound. I’m aware that MadWheelz already have a slight vibration at lower speeds, but its never caused this much noise and maintained itself of speeds 35+. Maybe the wheels are just old(1 year)?

1 Like

Bet you partially delammed them. I found riding hot and heavy they were prone to this.
Notice any urethane “shards” coming out between the core and thane? If so thats definitely it.

Hopefully adhesion issues were sorted in v2s

1 Like

@fujio001

nah i don’t see any. although i do have some metal pieces stuck in the wheel. could that cause something like this?

No, unless theyre quite large.
Try giving the wheels a good squeeze while looking where the core meets the thane and look for gapping.
Only other thing i can think of is the b-b distance is slighlt large and needs an extra speed ring + standard spacer.

1 Like

A loose fitting spacer is the only think I can think of that i causing that kind of rattling.

I am really sensitive to rattling so I have a bunch of 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3 mm shims that I use to get the perfect fit.

Check this out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091YKN3D6/?coliid=I2DCMSKYM7F8O6&colid=3RNQRMWA54GFO&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I had a handful of gen 1 wheels that had delamination issues. I looked at a bunch of them and it turned out to be poor application of the adhesive.

For the V2, I told the company to focus on the adhesion between the core and urethane. No failures yet!

That tracks. The one I tore apart had shit adhesion on about 60% of it, but that other 40% was so stuck it was impossible to get off without cutting it.
So whatever they were adhering with was very solid, it just needed :100:% coverage.

Good to hear its sorted out.

2 Likes