Madness - 4wd Monster Build

Cos where’s the fun in that!? :rofl: working to very tight size constraints, need box to be as tight as possible, and have already spent waaaaaayyy too much money on this build.

Plus this is gonna have a clear perspex lid, should hopefully look the duck’s nuts :ok_hand:

8 Likes

14 Likes

And fastidiously waxed.

5 Likes

If you wanted to wax your deck, I’m sure @SeanHacker would love to join the livestream.

6 Likes

Only wax the boxes round these parts… dunno about the younger kids tho, they get up to some weird shit.

3 Likes

Agreed.

After the box is waxed, apply alcohol… polyvinyl alcohol that is.

10 Likes

Not sure how this slipped past, thought I was getting better.

3 Likes

That a mold or enclosure?

Thats the mold mate

2 Likes

I’d still line that with plastic then wax don’t want u to end up with a :brick:

Its heavily waxed with 4 coats of PVA over that. The box can also be unscrewed and taken apart to help with demolding… i reckon this one is gonna work out just fine dude :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Man this is gonna be So dope great write up love the wings!

1 Like

I think it will work great.

1 Like

I saw some thread where some guy did that with wood and it still stuck to it thats all. Cant wait to see it man

1 Like

Ok fibreglass has begun… just having a quick beer between resin batches…

I am getting a little bit better at this game… the single best piece of advice I have been given that has helped me the most is…

“wetter isn’t better”

Aim to keep your resin to an absolute minimum by really rolling down each layer and getting the resin from below to wick up :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Aaaand it’s done. Pretty happy with how well this went, my practice has paid off.

Expecting and hoping for a bit of texture on the outside of the box, but if it isn’t pleasing to the eye, I will paint the outside with tub liner. Will find out tomorrow!

12 Likes

Looking good Al, Should it have a bottom part to keep battery etc off the actual deck?

1 Like

We are looking at it from above, it will have a clear perspex lid :+1:

3 Likes

It’s right about now that I’m beggining to question my life choices :rofl:

17 Likes