Madness - 4wd Monster Build

Funds are stretched at the moment mate, I would love to but got too many other projects on the go.

3 Likes

Know what you mean, looks like a ripper though!

3 Likes

Are those anywhere for sale already or only Kickstarter?

1 Like

I think they had some left over from the kickstarter. If you get in touch with them directly they might be able to sort you out

3 Likes

And this proves my point. Crazy mofo. Again can not find any fault in this reasoning.

As you were.

3 Likes

They were on Indiegogo, but they still have pre-order places left over. Email: info@haero.space or message them on insta or fb.

Sorry for the segue @glyphiks.

2 Likes

All good mate, they deserve some recognition!

3 Likes

Update:

I need to trim the deck to accomodate the motors and drives, the lines I have chosen should work nicely to flow into the @Kaly style gas pedals/wings that I want to add…

Will get the chop tomorrow and then decide exactly how i’m going to implement the wings…

Also got a start on the gt2b chozen mod… not the greatest finishing on the print, but the way I ride, it’s likely to get broken anyway :rofl:

Unities have been nuded up in preparation for wire and connector upgrades, but I’m still waiting on my BMS to arrive so that I can properly plot out the layout inside the non-existent enclosure…

16 Likes

What filament did you use to print the ChoZen mod? Did you print it yourself?

1 Like

I just printed it out of PLA, sanded the crap out of it, painted black and then 2k clear coat

4 Likes

So much sanding! Got the deck chopped, just gotta belt sand the edges to be ready for wings.

@MBS is the DWII painted black or stained? Been sanding for ages and cant get back down to raw timber!

@Sender would you be confident putting epoxy on this as is or would you sand all the way to raw timber?

12 Likes

Definitely fine. They use some paint that absorbs into the wood quite a lot.

2 Likes

Awesome. I poured some acetone on it and its all definitely porous, so i figured it should be good.

Tricky bit now is adding these wings…

3 Likes

Wings are on. They will need some dowel after this glue has cured, and then some trimming, and finally fibreglass (and/or carbon fibre) cloth top and bottom should lock them into place nicely.

Before fibreglass I will need to do some cable routing :grimacing:

14 Likes

lol question answered. Glad i didnt keep sanding

5 Likes

Haha, serious madness!

About the acetone, I have had it interfere with epoxy application. I use denatured alcohol to spot clean parts that get epoxy and have had good luck👍

3 Likes

Will keep that in mind :+1: not planning on epoxy any time soon and the acetone evaporates in seconds

3 Likes

Imagine having this much money :frowning:

3 Likes

Imagine working your tits off for it :rofl:

14 Likes

hmm can’t relate :joy:

2 Likes