Madness - 4wd Monster Build

hmm can’t relate :joy:

2 Likes

@glyphiks
So this MBS board is legit rigid? Have any guess what the trampa ply flex equivalent is?

That battery alone is like 10kg, 22lbs :eyes:

1 Like

@Arzamenable Dont get me wrong, it does have flex, just nowhere near as much as a trampa. Ive only ever stepped foot on a 16 ply trampa and it was a hell of a lot more bouncy than the MBS.

The other thing that I really like about the DWII (not that it matters now :sweat_smile:) is the off center concave, it works reaaally nice.

5 Likes

The wings came up great! Feels awesome underfoot, not too steep, and pockets my massive feet perfectly. Very happy with the result, just hope they hold!

27 Likes

Don’t know if I like the deck more then the :lizard: lizard on ur left for.

The deck is looking good :+1:

1 Like

Lol, i got that one as a joke when I was in Bali… the dude did such a good job that I went back the next day and got the skull and crossbones :rofl:

4 Likes

You didn’t consider reusing the off cuts as the wings? Too late now either way I suppose.

1 Like

As a woodworker i am proud of you @glyphiks :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Great idea! I didnt think of that but that could have been really cool! Although they wouldnt have been big enough unless i made them asymmetrical and that wouldnt work with my OCD…

Edit: damn. That would have been cool :rofl:

2 Likes

I really like how it goes !!! This is gonna be fµc£k!ng MAD !

wow, so clean :+1:

cant wait to see the deck sandwiched cloth.
Sorry if I missed the info, you are going to route the main power or motor phase and sensors? (just to know if you you are going to have 3 boxes or 1 centered)

Good DIY :v:

1 Like

Escs and battery will all be in the center box. Will need to route in phase and sensor wires, as well as wires for DavegaX and lights.

I am concerned about routing in the full depth of the phase wires so I am going to use copper braid for the phase wires that will be routed into the board :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Work also began today on the top box. Made a mold and started preparing it. Needs a few more coats of wax.

Total size is 290x260x140mm … hopefully it doesnt touch my ankles :sweat_smile: it is wider than the deck, but not wider than the wings, so shouldnt look too stupid :rofl:

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see this one finished. I love how that deck is turning out. Great work so far!

1 Like

Yeah man, theres something about them that i really like and i just cant place it . Such a simple and understated style. Awesome build and im excited to see where it go’s!
cheers

1 Like

Wow. Love it! And I see you figured out the veneers are stained not painted. Seriously looks amazing.

4 Likes

Cheers mate! I tagged Dylan on instagram, keen to know his thoughts too :sweat_smile: once the build is complete would love to get him on it for a ride!

2 Likes

Progress is slow here but steady. Nearly finished assembling the etoxx gears, all that’s left now is to apply the sugru, screw the hubs through the mounting plates and apply grease. Just waiting on some tires from a mate to replace the MBS ones… the cheap ones are all black, no logos, perfect.

@Venom121212 I think it was your post I got the Aliexpress link from for the cheap but good tires? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994604945.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1dd13bcfrDpDv2&algo_pvid=f2c07d98-f286-42f3-b2c0-af1df393f88e&algo_expid=f2c07d98-f286-42f3-b2c0-af1df393f88e-13&btsid=25963f5a-aa25-4b2a-98f9-4e6b3ed23540&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_52

Anyway, replaced the grub screws on the shaft with cap screws as per @NoWind instructions, could have chosen a smaller screw but I like the way it pays homage to my Baja :rofl:

Will hopefully get the enclosure done this week, have been fastidiously waxing my box in preparation for the fibreglass.

9 Likes

Man I’m living vicariously through you and rich right now. I want my DW2 finished asap. Thinking I’m not going to have it done by the winter unfortunately. I can’t wait to see the enclosure. Deck cut looks great. Looking forward to your review on bindings with the foot pedals too.

8 Likes

Nice build man, I’m also going wood next, but for weight saving purposes.

1 Like

Lol, no weight saving in this build :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes