M6 threaded inserts for MBS bindings

I guess the Retaliation was different. No through holes on my deck. Inserts ftw.

1 Like

With the weight of eMTB aren’t you afraid the inserts would get pulled out or the thread would be stripped?

1 Like

You calling me fat? @DerelictRobot, he’s doing it again!

No worries here. I’m 65.7kg and the deck is fairly stiff as is. Its definitely got flex, dont get me wrong. Andrew actually rode it when I first got it and iirc, his only bitch was the f5 bindings and being in regular position.

Theres about a 10mm gap at front and rear. If I jump on it (standing jump the center) I’d probably risk that chance. But as it never get flexed that much I dont worry.

3 Likes

I am not sure we understand each other, I mean, like for example, my board must weight around 20kg and overtime I was afraid the threaded inserts would get ripped out or the threads would ne stripped.

@Venom121212, you’re not alone brother lmao

1 Like

Found it

3 Likes

Oh yeah I think I read that already. Finding the correct bit is sometimes difficult here lol.

I got this evo from jujo a while back and the where drilled with a drill press I think.

I removed them and I am going to redo it soon.

Is that an evo? What deck is that

1 Like

Inserts go all the way through the deck mate :wink: go Google it. It have even a bigger head than a screw so inserts shall be even more strong than a screw :wink:

And yes its a standard M6 Thread. You could also just shorten the MBS ones

Google Strength of a M6 thread and you’ll be surprised :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on the pitch, tooth angle and material of the insert? I stripped brass inserts by overtightening them, I never used stainless inserts but I snapped M10 bolts trying to unscrew them and they were stuck somehow🤷‍♂️.

I think inserts for bindings on a naked board is fine but for i am not sure if it is for one with battery electronics and drivetrain.

Fairly sure Freebord is using one m6 screw for each caster on the new boards. So two total just like a binding strap.

I would like to see one fail from something besides coming loose!

1 Like

I think you often mistake genuine comments about your product as shit talking and come back with weirdly defensive and insecure comments. Doesn’t look great.

All I said is that my Haero deck has inserts set in the deck. I said nothing of them not going all the way through but since you stepped up to call it out, where are those inserts going all the way through again?

3 Likes

They go all the way through the structure of the deck and have quite a large flange on them. After they are installed the deck has the graphics and petg layer installed over them

On some of the decks, you can clearly see and feel the shape of the flange through the graphics/petg

4 Likes

Oh I’m 100% clear on that. Nitpickers get nitpicked.

4 Likes

Lol, as you were.

WideeyedWavyCaimanlizard-max-1mb

3 Likes

No I don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: maybe you interpret it that way :wink: maybe it’s because I write like a German :sweat_smile:

For me it’s just important that people understand what we are talking about that’s why we go into details.

You never said the insert don’t go through but you said, that you trust the whole core thickness more so you suggest it’s not going al the way trough.

Take your time and watch that video if you wanna learn about how our boards are made. Or skip to minute 5 to see how the inserts are installed and why they are even more strong than just a screw :wink:

For sure some can fuck up threads but that doesn’t happen from too much weight allied to a thread but from handle the thread in a wrong way most of the time.

A standard M6 Thread is holding around 90Kgs if treated in the right way. So 2 inserts are 180kgs and 3 are already 270kgs :muscle::grin:

5 Likes

Lol maybe

After looking at the inserts in my deck and jumping around with my bindings so much I have no doubt that they are strong enough to hold it

I would be more concerned about a screw shearing when put through the deck than one of these coming out

Hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Snowboard Engineers know what they are doing since 40 years :grin::ok_hand:

3 Likes