M-TKP TRUCKS : Get smooth with high speed !

may i suggest not to do that?

@YUTW123 David if you want help wording it clearly on the site I would be happy to help give it a read & edit

When it comes out anyway

This is a better way to ensure that the axles are installed properly for the average user. Especially if he is going to use actual glue.

I think the best solution here is to either offer a length selector on the website or just make the axles 60 or 65mm to work with all pulleys

4 Likes

Maybe I need to build a pulley that fits this trucks. This Trucks doesnā€™t need to make any changes.

4 Likes

Well not the truck, just the axle. Even Boardnamics hangers have 50mm axles. Thatā€™s just enough for his pulleys and some others.

3 Likes

60mm is a good axle length.

I would never buy something with 35mm axles, if it was going to have a motor installed.

7 Likes

Yes i mean no need to replace the shaft

3 Likes

i sometimes forget not everyone has the tool to fix the axle on hanger, maybe having a complete set and detach set would work? but its gonna be pain for vendor to keep both in stock rather than just one type

60 should work with most pressfit pulley in the market iā€™d say

2 Likes

Right, I think the better option is just longer overall. The only problem that causes for end users is spacers though

1 Like

I think it will be easily bentā€¦

5 Likes

If youā€™re concerned, you can make it 10mm diameter :man_shrugging:

If itā€™s high-quality steel though, the aluminum hanger usually bends before the 8mm axle.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Yes please you want the big boys to be happy

1 Like

10mm / 8mm Stepped is good in some ways, but can lead to additional problems because the step may not be in the correct place, and adds another engineering obstacle.

But stepped is better than short. Iā€™d make the end part 37+mm long if you go this route.

A 10mm axle the whole length isnā€™t bad either. 6900 bearings are drop in replacements for 608 bearings.

9 Likes

I think 10mm should be the norm in esk8 just the weight of the boards and then you add a 200 pounder who hates to push :thinking:

9 Likes

having step will help prevent the bending, but it depends on where u put the step.

or just do this instead if bending is a concern

I donā€™t think many of us would mind that part
now i need to stockpile more bearings on top of my 40+ 608 bearingsā€¦great

3 Likes

I like this thread, we should do this more often. :relieved:

7 Likes

And switch to metric thread for the axle and nut :grin:

6 Likes

This would be perfect! Means we get to use normal skate bearings in the wheel, and we use a 10mm bearing in the wheel pulley. Allows for tightening the wheel without pushing on the pulley bearing too.

4 Likes

This is the BN axle on my 177mm SR TKP hanger. That one is perfect. Just do it that way and weā€™ll be happy.

3 Likes

Wait, my BN axles donā€™t go in so far. Iā€™m confused now, are there 2 different axle length versions of these?

Edit: I was dumb and not threading mine in far enough

2 Likes