M-TKP TRUCKS : Get smooth with high speed !

Yeah yeah it’s just that it’s been mentioned many times before, in fact, one of the very first things we talked about

But it sounds like they don’t care, hence why he got hostile attitude from people who have seen the thread since it started lol

I’m sure people would buy those extended axles though if you end up wanting to sell them

1 Like

The current design works with their current offerings, simple as that.
If they plan on releasing press fit pulleys then they’ll probably modify the design to suite.

1 Like

More importantly than all this nonsense, are you going to be offering any more of the anti-spark switches that are just parts? I need a couple without the XT60 soldered onto the PCB.

There’s not much money in esk8. Making these trucks only work with their own stuff is lame. I won’t buy these or suggest anyone else does it I’m asked.

And that’s really it.

6 Likes

That was a week ago but in yeah

4 Likes

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but i just read the whole thing and I want to punch a window and also, I can’t stop laughing. And it looks like they never offered extended axles. dafuq

5 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Has anyone actually used these on a DIY or analog build yet?

Yep. Still use them on an unbranded 42" deck for analog. Didn’t seem to turn with stock bushing but some riptide bushings and pivot cups made these my favourite trucks for cruising on TKP. Will pickup another set for an analog hummie I think.

Boards in my car, give me like 30 minutes for a picture.

Took longer than 30 minutes, its cold outside :stuck_out_tongue: Pics here.

3 Likes

@CrazedMK has a DIY board with them.

His main issue with them is that the default mounts + pulley uses a plastic ring around the truck over which a bearing for the press-fit pulley goes. The pulley is only 36T, so it’s lacks torque for bigger wheels.

Since the profile is same as Surf Rodz TKP, he’s now waiting for mounts from Idea. I’m not sure if that will let him use different pulleys or not, but :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ll need to machine new (longer) truck axles as well for being able to use standart pulleys, because m-tkp axles are too short for anything extra except wheels. But as long as these axles are replaceable (and they are) I don’t see that as a huge deal if you have good machine shop that can fabricate them available.

probably expensive though, no?

1 Like

Depends, I know one fella that helped me with motorcycle/board modifications before, and he has small lathe, so I’m pretty sure that it could be done sub 100 eur for four axles. But thats me.
Long story short - standart axles are meant for wheels only, they need to be about 20-25mm longer to have place for pulleys. With standart ones you’re stuck with makerx pulleys.

4 Likes

Sorry to dig this up again,
Did anyone try this truck out ? how stable this truck is at high speed ?
Thinking to get 260 version and modify it to use with BN10mm axel.
Reason it seem like i’m out of luck to my hand on TKP truck from someone, and my build is struck.

Savage tkps are your best option. Then maybe boundmotor and then B-one if you want cheap

2 Likes

I run them on a couple analog boards, theyre superrr carvy with soft cone/barrel but they get pretty unsafe above 40kmh, definitely don’t recommend them for anything other than a slow cruiser board. Super nice board feel though, the design is good.

1 Like

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone looking to replace their Psychotiller 260 mm TKP trucks. I bought MakerX’s 260 mm TKP trucks a few months ago and put a few hundred miles on them so far. I weight around 195 lbs. My setup is geared for high torque and around 30-35 mph top speed depending on your weight. I have to say these have worked out to be a great replacement. Works perfectly with Psychotiller’s motor mounts too. I use 160 mm air tires and only ride on pavement. The bushing nuts need to be tightened periodically though but I keep them greasy so that may be why.

1 Like

. . . but still the axles remain too short

This has been a good read - but that’s where these trucks will stay for me ( on the interwebs ) due to my first sentence above

:thinking:

I didn’t say these trucks are a fit for everyone. I just wanted people to know that were looking to replace their psychotiller trucks for something similar without having to replace their motor mounts too.

1 Like