Lycaon GR motor "Mod" conversion

i grew up watching Robot Wars (homemade radio controlled robots trying to kill each other) it was AWESOME

and Mythbbusters,

scrapheap challage / junkyard war

Okay, so cloudwheels are not your goal here, and have nothing to do with your project ?

For the bike, its definitely doable, you’ll need to find a way to hold the axis of the hub motor, should be too difficult
If i can advise you, perhaps look into a friction powered bike, where the hub motor rest on the bike tire and powers it with friction between the hub and the tire

I love mythbuster when it was still on, big fan aswell ! Battlebots I just watch the recap on youtube

Is it really necessary to be condescending? No one knows what the hell you wanna do. And your confusion with the jargon and product such as “cloud wheels” is completely wrong. You asked for advice, i gave it. If you wanna learn shit, go read up on this stuff before you start asking questions so we can half way help you. I’m genuinely surprised the ppl here haven’t roasted you.

Quote* If you have zero knowledge on esk8 stuff, do a lil more browsing and reading. This site has a lot of info to dig up on along with educational videos on YouTube. Coming here and shooting from the hip with questions that you dont understand the terminology for isnt helping you.

if you can’t handle that i answer back don’t start it whit shot from the hip ?

i can answer back WAY worse… if you start whit a Attitude i will answer, deal ?

Broooo… why you wanna fight…? " I can answer way worse" Really? There’s nothing to be all alpha about. You’re on the fucking internet. Unless u can lock up my bank account or w/e i dont care. You’re using wrong terminology and it ain’t helping you. Am i wrong? I wasnt even giving you flack. Chill the fuck out and take your negativity out of here. This forum isnt the place to be hostile.

Here are a few topics discussing something similar to what you may have in mind

5 Likes

haha i don’t need a mobility scooter, i just don’t have training in skateboards

I think machining a pulley that you can put in place of the sleeve was an interesting idea,
you can try as well as add some cooling to it because you’re going to use much more A than it was designed for.

you should try and play with this calculator to better visualize the impact of gear ratio

http://calc.esk8.it/#{"batt-type-lipo":1,"batt-cells":10,"motor-kv":70,"system-efficiency":85,"motor-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-size":80}|

Those should be close to the settings your board runs right now

Calc let me put in Motor KV istead of watt Lycaon GR is 480 Watts x2 so 0.48KV X2 0.96KV ?
and that ratio makes me do max 2 mph

doesn’t works if it should do like 22mph ??

:flushed:

1 Like

kv is a motor constant, it tells you how fast it will spin for a given voltage,
on a hub motor it’s most likely between 70 and 80
as long as you don’t change the motor the kv value doesn’t change,
if you’re planning to use the stock controller you won’t likely be able to use a different voltage battery,
so the only parametre you can play with right now is the gear ratio, on a hub motor it’s 1:1 (each time the motor spin, the wheel spin)
if you’re going to use pulleys your gear ratio will be (motorside pulley tooth number : wheelside pulley tooth number)
that will impact on torque speed and A drain,

as pointed out, there is a gold mine of information to dig about all those parametres on this forum

You should read the basics of the component you have : brushless motors, ESC, lithium batteries
This is really step 1 : knowledge and data gathering

I got controller, battery, remote, motors.
yes ratio would be different instead of direct contact whit road (ratio 1:1) its connected to bike chain but as speed increase it should get easier for motor to pull chain? its suppose to just be a helper motor not stand alone,
and if i use MTB whit like 7 gears ? ill change gear for motor & me pedeling at same time.
yes going to try read but wouldn’t matter how much info you’ll got, how hard is it to get ?

i don’t know the KV rating of that motor Lycaon doesn’t write that.

when i see a calculator whit “battery Cells” of course i’m thinking okay they don’t have Ampere or Watts that KV should then be volt ampere… i cant find a calculate my KV ratings.

It’s pretty much the opposit, for the same amount of throtle you give if the gear ratio makes the wheel spin faster it will have less torque than it has now,

but yes if you already have aquired speed from pedeling it should do ok conserving the speed on flat asphalt

BUT: you could burn the whole thing if you try to use it going uphill

then i change to other motors…

its weird to have this discussion on a skate forum when its just hardware that is from a skateboard…

I’ve made a thread in a Swedish bike forum in Electric-bike section and was told that EVERYTHING that is even consider a home made E-bike is forbidden to talk about. 250W baofeng motor under 20km/h or home made DC-motor & powerpack doesn’t matter…

i could Change it and it then becoming “illegal” they become quite hostile when i suggested they should move to Soviet 2.0 if they want to babysit everything even things that are legal.

got the charger today from amazon well see if its take charge or starts a fire.

I think the main difference is that this is an international forum, in most placese there is still very few reglementation about those kind of “vehicules”
what we are making here is halfway between rc hobby and skateboard, both of them being legal in most places, not everywhere though

first video… there is a reason why he has it upside down that Gear ratio he is going from like 3inch to 26-28inch wheel that will be super slow 1:10

A bit of a snafu… when charged(I think?) and pressed power button one short red blink… i cant pair it to remote… if i measure battery with multimeter and its okay what would be cheapest BMS & motor controller ?