Lurkers and Noobs News Update

High end production boards cost 5 times what I paid for my first car, and sell before there is even a real world version of it.

Boards are much faster, riders aren’t really that much faster.

We still look like the cyberpunk tribe to non-esk8ers

17 Likes

Shit actually works now. You buy the stuff, follow the instructions on here and it works. All the major design flaws found in every vendors early designs have all been ironed out. This thing of ours is maturing, as a hobby, a science, and a market.

It’s a lot easier to get a build right on the first try now.

Also 21700 is the new 18650 but that’s kinda old news.

15 Likes

Multiple different BMS’s have come out/will be available shortly. Multiple eboard light solutions are available/coming this year. No much innovation on remote side of things apart form shape. Freesk8 project has been gaining steam lately. Some innovation on wheels, both comfy poli wheels and composite racing wheels, still in testing phase. Some older well known good vendors are having quality issues. Focbox unity has a unofficial rerelease with better QC

Also, we have reached the point where we have clone of a clone in board market (meepo cheap copycats)

9 Likes

EUCs are still lame

13 Likes

I feel like every time I see someone riding one it looks like an awkwardly CGI’d centaur charging in to battle.

9 Likes

Centaurs don’t have a single point of failure

10 Likes

I feel like every time see one I wana scream “NEEEERRRDDD” but then I realize I’m wearing a kevlar jacket, dual-axis knee pads, and a full face helmet, while tracking my ride and board performance via app and that I am the nerd… its me.

22 Likes

Not that you’ve found

I love the speed and control they have. But damn it looks awfull from side. Like a broken NPC traversing over glitched path. Only thing missing is T pose.

4 Likes

Don’t use the V word if you’re not seeking for trouble

4 Likes

V.ery
E.rect
S.mall
C.ock

8 Likes

Most everything is still hard to find.
Batteries are still stupid hard to find…
You have to wait and wait
The hype is real.
Everything still breaks.

Since you are in Belgium just buy a Flux Motion complete and go be happy…

6 Likes

so in my imagination;

in-wheel motors would slowly dissapear
the unity would be worthless
cloudwheels would become really popular

where was I wrong?

2 Likes
  • in-wheel motors would slowly dissapear
  • cloudwheels would become really popular

just the unity or the xenith as well?

1 Like

did’nt know about that one, the successor
I guess?

1 Like

:joy: WHAT :joy: that is so cool! friendship+1

2 Likes

Pretty much the opposite on every point XD

Unity got so popular you now have to pick between the copycats, the unofficials the unlegits and the unlawgull XD

In wheels motors are hyped between jaykay hummie and the whole direct drive thing

Cloudwheels are blood stained and people swear mostly by big-ass full urethane wheels or gummies

as long as those esk8 youtuber still recommend them, then yea, but i still prefer kegel instead of stupid abec clone

How about a haiku…

D.I.Y is fun
Although, it will cause headaches
And kill your wallet

10 Likes