Low profile / high clearance motor mounts

As the title suggests - I’m looking for the lowest profile motor mounts which will result in the best clearance possible with small wheels (caguamas). Based on @raphaelinmissouri ralley cat build below - the dickyho mount profile is slimmer than a 34t wheel pulley, and I’m not sure I’ve found anything that beats that. Anyone have a suggestion for something that would result in even more clearance?

@Boardnamics once upon a time had motor mounts for Racerstar 5065 motors, and those are the highest clearance mounts I’ve used for small wheels. As seen on the Magnum Seed

The idler mounts work, I think the dickyho motors work too

Whooshboards mounts maybe

They have 72mm and 75mm center to center distance available

4 Likes

BN idler mounts have almost no clearance for my 90mm wheels. The bracket is scratched up after just a few rides.

Yeah I have a pair of BN caliber mounts right now. While great quality, the hanger mount bracket is very close to the ground using small wheels. It has basically the same amount of clearance as a 40t pulley, and that is too close for comfort. It looks like the precision mount is slightly different, so maybe more clearance using the bn hangers.

I have the misfortune of using motors that have weirdly spaced mounting holes, so I have to use something universal and the first thing I found was the idle amount. Hopefully it doesn’t ruin the screw lol

1 Like

I made a mistake. My wheels are 83mm, which is probably why I have clearance issues. Knowing that I’ll get myself some 90+mm wheels and it’ll solve the clearance debacle.