Louis’s First Build? Nothing Special, Move Along | [Clickbait]

llt should be ok at around 15 an using xt60
need a fuse also for that high

1 Like

Was it not a 12S6P P42A?

2 Likes

Oups missed this.
My battery? Yeah it’s a 12s6p p42a. Did I say otherwise?

1 Like

nope. (Samsung 50G seems to be nice…) You saw the 4WD vs 2WD thread…?
I litterally showed him my board. You have enough power with 2WD, but you know the difference on hill with 4WD. But costs, meh.

1 Like

Yeah I can go up very steep hills but I only slowly with my weight at the back because if traction.

I’m thinking if a 4wd build tbh, I’ve even contemplated selling this one, or parting it out, to make a 4wd :pensive:

My setup is one of the best MTB for 2wd possible I reckon. 18s would have made it better if course but when I started building it the only option was a trampa 65/100 (or whatever they are called) and then after buying most of my parts the esk8 evolution exploded with the spintend and high voltage setup’s. I do regret that now but damn it’s so hard to get your first build “right”!

2 Likes

Always on track. :joy:

1 Like

@PixelatedPolyeurthan P42A maybe on the way… (12S8P…)

1 Like

For your new build?

1 Like

Existing. trying out nese…

1 Like

Oh nice! I always wanted to try nese modules. It’s a very safe way of building a battery at the expense of size :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

18650 12S8P fitted my existing enclosure. B&W Type 1000

1 Like

Awesome! You need to update your build thread! Or make a new one, The Bro Revised :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’ve been so busy lately, sorry for the lack of updates.
Got to change the hole positive on the ESC enclosure because @Bavioze sorta messed that up :rofl: it was interfering with the rachet of the bindings.
Also fixes my remote mod, because I didn’t off-centre the me hole like I mentioned in my original post. Looks much better now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem with my enclosure :sob:

I don’t want to drill new holes!!!

2 Likes

Heyheyhey you can have your name upside down :rofl:

2 Likes

No way haha. Your masters piece deserves respect :kiss:
I just filled it up with some black silicone and drilled the other 2 holes and epoxied them in. Easy peasy lemon squeezy :lemon:

4 Likes

Hey Louis, hows your battery box holding up? I always liked @Pedrodemio design. Love what you did here.

I’m thinking of going down the same path of a printed one but a little smaller (lipos) and moving the esc into it to save some weight.

3 Likes

Thanks bro!
it’s holding up great, i have zero complaints.
Remember printing in petg or pla is a must, ABS doesn’t work unless your printer settings are really dialed in. it just warps and cracks when you try and sandwich the enclosure between the two plates.

3 Likes

So i pimped my board!
I was sick of that one motor making a ton of noise because of the intolerance in the can, so I traded my 3DS 3.75’’ hubs for some 6374 170kv sealed maytechs. I have never owned maytech motors and I’ve always heard of their quality, so this was the opportunity. Also by getting 170kv from 140kv, I increased my speed from 40km/h to 50km/h which was much needed.

I finally installed @Bavioze awesome 3d printed box. the extra details and shapes make it really aesthetic imo!

And I got trampa phatladz because I wanted some lighter hubs. The superstars are the same price anyway so having the option to maybe go 9’’ in the future is good. i tried 10’’ a few months ago with 3ds 4.65’’ hubs and hated it. The wheels are just not stable at high speeds, the extra height makes you feel precarious while riding and the wide tires removed the lovely carvy feel it had before (and therefore maneuverability).

I also really like the colour scheme although @jack.luis called it the IKEA board lmao.

And I eventually got around to making the trailer hitch and sanding>painting the trailer I got second hand locally. The hitch it seld cost like 30euro total. It requires:

• Two Pillow block bearings
  • One 20cm x 10cm 8mm alu sheet
  • One shoulder bolt
  • Two normal skate bearings
  • a bit of drilling, cutting, heating, bending, measuring, hammering, painting, swearing, and voilà(ing) :laughing:
11 Likes

I LOVE Ikea, take it as a compliment haha

Great build!!

5 Likes