Loop key/ on off switch

Im looking for 2 loop keys to power my trampa board on and off. Either someone can sell me 2 that are xt-90 on here or if anyone knows where to buy them outside of trampa site, almost $40 for 2.

2 Likes

Order some XT90-S plugs and some 10awg wire and make your own for less than $5 each

2 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have a pair of spares, or I would happily send them to you at cost.
You can get a handful of XT-90S connectors for a dozen dollars or so, and panel-mount XT-90 males are about the same if you want to make mounting easier on yourself.
I could order a set, make up a pair of loop keys and send them to you, but it wouldn’t be all that much cheaper.

It’s honestly very easy to make a loop key once you have the actual connectors - it’s just a thick wire bridge across the two terminals. The only real challenge is the fact that you need a reasonably powerful soldering iron, which is highly recommended to have for esk8 building anyway.

2 Likes

Here’s a guide to making them yourself:

You want 3d printed cover on it or raw wire? I think I have a few xt90s laying around.

1 Like

I have a soldering iron, just dont like doing it, always ugly and takes time, so just seeing if there was any cheap options.

I recommend checking @glyphiks method, not sure if he posted pics on here yet. But he filed the connector barrels and plopped a wire in the middle, very clean and low profile, then a 3d printed handle over it.

I just dont want to build them, any xt90 and 10aug wire put together for an on off switch

You want an XT-90s for the key. Important distinction.

1 Like

I got you dude. Pick which one of these fancies you best:

And then tell me what color you want them in. I have every color imaginable.

2 Likes

The green bits denote that it’s an XT-90s, the antispark version of the XT-90.

1 Like

I need 2 of these, loop key is that what they are? They are doubles, 2 xt-90s

I see, yes i need the XT90s then like shown here

Ohhhh, those are the special Trampa battery loop keys. I was thinking (and probably most others too) that you meant these:

Yes, thats why i was like “wait no, the doubles” haha. Where can i get some, do i have to go trampa?

I’ve only ever seen those used or sold by Trampa, so unless somebody is willing to make them, your options are probably limited to either buying them from Trampa, or making them yourself.

Killing me that this isn’t an xt90s :eyes:

@Jacob5656 it looks like 2 male to female cables there. Can you verify if the xt90 side of each is a male or female?

Same. It was the first good picture on a google image search.

1 Like

Male to female

1 Like