Looking to buy your board!

Hello there, after to much anxiety of having the possibly of messing up a build i am looking to buy someones board, i have around a $1300 price range and I was wondering what someone might have to offer. please keep in mind im a heavy rider around 260lbs so it would have to be dual drive.

1 Like

Location?

minnesota

1 Like

So soon?! It’s only been a few days! Why not do more research to be confident and tackle the build yourself. Many are happy to help. It will also be much more rewarding in the end.

2 Likes

im down, but my mom said its my only form of transportation to my new job and im not looking to walk, mom said no to a car for another 3 years. I need something that is reliable

3 Likes

If it’s reliability you’re after, hard to beat a manufactured product with a warranty behind it. I’d think that you’d be more pleased with your own build in the end (given that you’ll put in the time + effort). my 2c

2 Likes

A manufactured product with a warranty doesn’t help you when you break down on the way to work. Those are after-the-fact details.

Some brands seem much better than others, though. Stay away from Evolve. Metroboard is good. I don’t think that price range will get you into a @longhairedboy or @Psychotiller custom build.

I have yet to find a board you can buy already built that’s actually waterproof and not just water resistant with seals that will eventually wear out.

5 Likes

ya i was looking at the metro board, it has a 250lbs weight limit which is a problem for me

This is confusing.

I’m fat at 210 lbs and I ride single-motor boards all the time.

2 Likes

Right, but buying someone’s diy & having little experience isn’t going to help either. Which is why I’m suggesting he reconsiders building one for the experience, ability to self-service, and reward + satisfaction.

3 Likes

:arrow_up: this :smiley:

1 Like

fuck i meant 260lbs

Their weight limit isn’t hard and fast. It just means things will wear out faster.

i know what you mean and im sure i honestly could build one, ive done HOURS of research but im not sure it would be reliable. Also the battery i have rn is only a 10s3p and would only give me around 8 miles range

You’re only beginning to scratch the surface :smiley:

2 Likes

i mean i probably know more than you think as ive built a direct drive board before but it just couldnt handle my weight, i am new to vescs however

Do u have preferences?

Wheel type, deck, aesthetics?

I have a 12s4p, 150kv, 97mm flywheel, hummie deck, psychotiller enclosure, focbox board that’s on the verge on being taken apart for a new build.

Could take photos later if interested.

4 Likes

ya sure that would be awesome, what kinda motors are they, ie 6374 etc

as for preferences im looking for a board between like 35 and 40in

6355, turnigy sk8, 150kv

14/40 gears, geared for torque, not top speed.

Max is like 25mph at full charge.

Ill take some photos and pm you.

3 Likes