Looking for someone to help put a board together for me uk

It’s not hard to turn it’s just stiffer then it was while spinning motor with belt on

There should be a tiny bit more resistance but not too much. Make sure your motor pulley isn’t rubbing the motor mount plate

1 Like

Phillips head strips easier than Allen head.
If you strip the head on one of those motor bolts you’ll have to cut/drill it out.

2 Likes

Yes will see how it performs in foc and decide from there

Lol I’m thinking of going the other way. I have 4 out of 8 motor Allen screws that striped

1 Like

Than you’re either using soft metal bolts or the wrong tools.

Alloy or bust

1 Like

Alloy over stainless steel any and everyday

Something like this @Flasher

3 Likes

@mmaner I have decided on my decision to spend the summer trying to do it myself

I think it’s time to close

Derailed

1 Like

Heads like that would fit without protrudingfrom the mount?

@Halbj613 I would agree with others, you should push on forward. If not for the pride, then for knowing that it’s your safety has been put in your own hands and not someone elses

2 Likes

You can do it little dude

1 Like

Cmon I’m 165cm not much of a little dood

1 Like

You can get button head in a 10.5 grade alloy that’s lower profile and still much stronger than stainless.

The other big thing is finding Allen keys that have little to no wiggle when in use.
If they’ve got room to move around they’re the wrong keys.

3 Likes

@Halbj613 when I first started when I was 13 I was super intimidated and scared shitless.

Took me a year to finish and even then I had multiple VESC blow up right in my face and motor mounts break.

If you put your mind to it, always ask questions and read as much as you can I’m sure you can build something amazing.

2 Likes

Believe me it’s not being scared I just have been waiting for 6 months now without skateing and have already sold my meepo ages ago

Having withdrawals

Just want my skate back

2 Likes

You will get there eventually and when you do you can be proud that you did it yourself rather than pawn it off to someone else to finalize.

And I bet it will ride great to boot.

Do yourself the biggest favor and get a set of wera hex plus wrenches. The hex points flare out a bit and will remove all stripped out Allen bolts.

Wiha makes a comparably good set that this super-snob I know says are better than my Weras. You know who you are.

Metric obviously

3 Likes

And if your feeling rich and wanna spend a few extra bucks on colorful ones here you go.

1 Like

@yelnats8j no longer feel very rich XD just spent over 3000$ in 3 months on this build. Shit ain’t cheap for this little montrealer

4 Likes

Alot of DIYers would have told you what they told me. Never sell your prebuilt if you have nothing else. A diy will always eventually have a small problem that will take time to get the parts or fix. That prebuilt becomes your Savior in times of desperate need of skating.

3 Likes