Looking for pulleys for airless wheels

how much do these airless tires weight? including the hub

Right, I remember seeing those before. The hub seems to have less material so it will probably be more lightweight. Unlike my wheels, dicky’s are not perforated so I’d assume they will be harder but maybe more efficient.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: @moon @Brenternet, cheers guys.

The first one fitted perfectly on the first try. With the other I struggled a bit to get it centered. I think the problem is mainly with the wheel hubs, which are not very well made. I tried fitting the remaining pulley on all of the 3 remaining wheels. On one of them, it was completely impossible to get a good fit. The other two were a little better. Still, it took me several iterations when I repeatedly loosened and re-tightened the bolts to get slight shift in the pulley position such that there’s no throw.

Here’s the end result. Still a little bit of throw but it looks good enough to me (it was worse with the 3D printed pulleys and was still rideable). There’s some throw on the wheels themselves so it would be naive to expect no throw on the pulleys.

1 Like

Nice Jan :grin:

Cool

There’s a bearing seat in the pulley which might help things

1 Like

I may give it a try, thanks. Do you know what bearing I would need for a 10mm axle? Also, should I then use 3 bearings or only keep the outer bearing in the wheel?

16100 bearing

Use 3 bearings

1 Like

Hey!
I am planning on buying the same wheels, and run into the same problems as you, mainly the lack of pulley for them. I am so to say well versed in 3D modelling, so I will trí to make a modular design for them. If you’re interested I can send you the files as soon as they are ready.

1 Like