Looking for pictures of your eboosted enclosure install

i would like to see pictures of your install primarily how you ran the wires for the vesc

1 Like

Drill and use grommets, I like the set from harbor freight it has a bunch of different sizes

1 Like

ah thanks wasnt sure if you just used a dremel or what

1 Like

I use a stepped drill bit

2 Likes

I made two holes with a drill, then I used a Dremel to carefully make space for the wires to go through. I don’t trust grommets, so I glued a shrink tube in each hole, and with the wires inside put a lot of silicone, then some heat at the end of the shrink tube and a seal strap to grab the the shrink tube at the end…Less holes, less chances to get water into the enclosure…Thats my method…

1 Like

12 Likes

Ok this is what I was looking for clean as hell

2 Likes

Got my enclosure what did you end up using to drill where the grommets go

Neither are currently sealed because I’m always in there messing with stuff, but a dremel and a composite bit are your friend if you want an edge hole and not a clean circle off edge like in the previous posts.

When I do seal I typically use black silicone sealer in places like this.

3 Likes

Composite bit is one that kinda looks like a router bit

At higher RPMs it moves through fiberglass and other composites like a laser through butter. Got it from toolstoday, I think it was $30 or so. Totally worth it, I’ve had it maybe a year and a half now and I use it frequently.

@KfromtheBay what grommets are those?