Looking for ideas to connect my charging port to my enclosure

Need a way to get my female xt60 to stay firmly attached to the enclosure so that i can plug it in without taking off the whole enclosure.

It pushes through to the outside from the inside but the shape of the collar stops it from going all the way through to the outside. How do i get it to not fall into the enclosure when its pushed from the outside?

My first thoughts were adhesive caulk/gorilla epoxy on the inside to keep it attached to the inner enclosure wall but that seems so permanent. Any ideas?

2 Likes

3d printed jig?

a 2 part design that clamps it in place

idk

2 Likes

Epoxy. And epoxy.

Use something to thicken it.
Hot glue the plug in place (temporarily on one side)
Apply thickened epoxy on other side. Let it cure.
Rip off got glue. Epoxy which is cured will hold it in place. Epoxy the second side.
You can even tint the epoxy black so it looks tidy.

(And then mask and bedliner it all…)
Pic

5 Likes

Beautiful work. I love you. I think I’m gonna permanently glue in a male/female adapter and just plug the battery into that so i can actually take the battery out if needed.

1 Like

Epoxy putty is really convenient for this

5Pairs XT60E-F Female Plug XT60h XT60 Male Bullet Connector Wire Cable Plug for RC FPV Lipo Battery RC Quadcopter (5Pairs XT60E-F) https://a.co/d/0dfDnPQ

3 Likes

Evwan’s link to the panel mounts are the best way imho BUT also this epoxy putty is way better than it should be at sticking and sealing things together:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009QW5IU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

I have XT60 panel mounts like Evan posted on my boards, just in black. They work great.

1 Like

Seems like this is a solved issue, but figured I’d share my inferior solution anyway :slight_smile:

3D printed a little bracket and hot gluing the connector in. Bonus is that it works with both male and female

XT90 Wall Mount.STL (390.1 KB)
XT60 Wall Mount.STL (386.8 KB)

Brilliant, wish I had thought of that

3 Likes