Looking for fatboy geardrive Nanogear V2 Wheel gears and motor gear

I am not making parts like this of course but as a customer I would expect when I buy something of relatively high value to have a minimum of support from the vendor. Don’t you?

Maybe not on the same scale but what would happen if you you buy a car and 2-3 years later you have to dump it because the manufacturer doesn’t want to make parts for it anymore?

3 Likes

The thing is, he is constantly upgrading the parts, making them even more reliable. This costs deprecation of old parts, this is how it goes…

Considering new cars… 5 years. Tops. :expressionless:

1 Like

Cars manufacturer who sell cars with supports for parts for only five years don’t last twice as long in my opinion.

1 Like

Usually it comes down to aftermarket parts. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, in Esk8, as young as this thing is, especially gear drive wise, it’s not really a big surprise that things are changing rapidly. There are reasons why the old parts failed, that’s why the new parts are improved, so this no longer happens. This comes down to just one man in this case. He has to support the store, answering questions, designing, machining. Give him some slack. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get it, i make custom items for a living and I try to supply my customer with products they wouldn’t need me to service, in case I go out of business or something like that.

I think that releasing the file to the customer so he could have those made by someone else would be fair.

1 Like

This is a tough topic. I doubt he would like to release something he literally spent hundreds of hours on, put the bread on the table with. That’s just my opinion.

I do understand that no replacement is unfair. Yeah, I would be pissed, really pissed. But if you spend some time to find out what it takes to make these parts for a living, it really quickly simmers down. I mean, it’s very unfair, but nothing can be really done. As @b264 said, machining custom parts in small quantities, like putting only two on a machine, is a waste of time and resources when you could be machining 40 at the same time. Cost of the materials, finding the old fixtures, CADs, etc. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, i guess I should review my business practices then :laughing: it will make my life so much easier.

Peace guys, I gotta see a guy about extra pinions and gears before the next revision. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It would make sense to produce a few extra gears for each generation.

I plan on doing this in case people want spares or replacements. Hopefully none need to be replaced

5 Likes

When will you sell some gear drives? I really love your mounts by the way, never had a single issue, really solid. Also bought the bn220 baseplate and hangers. @anubis, do you plan to sell other BN products in the future?

I already have BN press fits on order, I was already looking for them and pushed kevin to place an order with his design (Which he had developed to pair with the enclosed gear drive anyway)
If he does a gear drive I might also stock them. Also small run stuff I stock just to keep the price down for EU customers i.e the new 270mm hangers.

1 Like