Looking for ESC/VESC

60D+ good for 100 motor amps with 6380s?

Ran into DRV faults on my TB6’s above 95 motor amps on TB6380s. I run 80A motor now to give a good buffer as 90A seemed stable.

Y’all got me thinking about upping my 60D+ to 90 or more now, just don’t want to faceplant again like on my TB6 build.

Jesus murphy

Never let VESC Tool decide your maximum battery current, it has no idea what battery you have or how the wires or series connections are done. This could be a safety issue, and probably only a matter of time before it causes a fire somewhere.

1 Like

You would need to follow the directions on the site- but you just connect all of the wires- phases, sensors, power, telemetry, power button, and transceiver. Then, you have to install the custom firmware they have linked on the site, and complete setup from within the VESC tool. If you haven’t done this before, there’s quite a few things you need to familiarize yourself with so you don’t destroy anything.

There’s lots of videos for how to connect everything, and how to setup the firmware. This all seemed very daunting to me when I first started exploring esk8, but within a couple months of obsessive reading and video watching I felt confident enough to tackle my first build. The biggest hurdle being the battery.

I’ve had to play around with most of that stuff before, but don’t think I’m experience enough/have enough time to commit to taking those escs on

You know better than I do. Stormcore 60D is a nice ESC. Underrated, even, and all pins are marked on the case.

1 Like