Looking for a 200mm wide Enclosure

Looking for an enclosure to fit a 10s5p battery that’s 200mm wide for a vestarboard deck (It’s very similar to a bamboo GTX deck).

Checked with @Psychotiller and @BigBen and they didn’t have any that wide. It’s a weirdly built 10s5p :sweat_smile:

Even Bigly is “only” 190mm wide

I’d look into making a custom enclosure

5 Likes

What deck exactly are you using? I have some used TB enclosures that might work depending on deck.

Also, how are the cells arranged? Maybe reconfigure the cells if you can.

1 Like

It’s a vestarboard blackhawk deck. Similar to evolves.

typically batteries are matched to the deck/enclosure, not the other way around. Top mounting is one way to get nearly any shape battery to work, but if it must be that battery and it must be bottom mounted, you’re looking at a custom enclosure. Kydex, fiberglass, or hunt around for some Tupperware that fits :+1:

3 Likes

Hmmm maybe I’ll do a pelican too mounted instead.

1 Like

I can custom make an enclosure if I have the deck in hand.

5 Likes

Hmmm, if shipping isn’t too bad, I might take you up on that.

3 Likes

Is this kydex ?

1 Like

Negative. Its layed fiber glass. I tried using kydex a while back and really didn’t have much luck. Didn’t have a vacuum setup.

3 Likes

Nice thanks :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I also tried kydex twice, and highly recommend fiberglass over it and ABS. Not carbon fiber.

3 Likes

Worst memory of the early DIY experience.

3 Likes

OG Junax caliber mounts. Destroyed 4 motors due to massive slippage in the mount. And kydex lol

5 Likes

I got this from @evoheyax it hasn’t got dirty yet but feels pretty solid but nothing compares to fiberglass :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

So mine was done with 2 12" pieces (working with what I had on hand) instead of a full piece. My corners looked no where near that good. And @ the time I didn’t have a good knowledge of how to bond the two together.

3 Likes

What deck was it designed for?

1 Like

Hummie