Looking for 12s4p Samsung 40T battery or equivalent (US)

It was updated, sorry about the confusion

1 Like

The 12s4p made with 40T cells won’t output continuos discharge of 140A, you will get only 100A. The 30T will output 140A

3 Likes

If you’re in the US, highly recommend @M.Hboards. Nicest dude ever and his customer service is top notch. In fact, his customer service is relentless. The guy literally kept in constant contact with me for weeks until I placed an order because he wanted me to have a pack that I would be pleased with.

8 Likes

30T are really high performing but they drop off at 3.3v i noticed so capacity is kind of shit.

built someone local a 12s4p-40T and with satellite motors + bergs, his battery voltage dropped 1.5v after a 10+mile ride. yea they sag quite a bit but for capacity the 40t is king right now.

4 Likes

@Jujo thanks for the shoutout! I have been in contact with @chrischo1996 but until I get back from vacation (which I’m leaving on tomorrow) I am not accepting any new orders so I guess he is looking for some quicker options.

4 Likes

Any other cell you recommend? It’s a toss up between 12s5p of 30Q (15Ah 120A discharge) and 12s4p of 40T (16Ah 140A? (35A per cell x 4 but eboosted said 100A). Which will experience less voltage sag when I draw around 100A from battery? Planning 25A battery max to each motor.

more cells in a P group the better, and 30Q will sag less in general.

it depends on what you want. are you looking to hammer the throttle all the time, pulling max amps for long periods? then 30T. or do you want to go as far as possible? then 40T. or 30Q.

and you can pull 20A safely from 30Qs until a certain temperature (60c?)

2 Likes

The molicell p42a is a even better cell then the 40t although it is more pricy.

4 Likes

i really wanna try molicells but was advised against it by Psychotiller, his shipment had a bunch of dead cells in it. maybe with time they’ll improve but it’s a no from me dawg (for now)

4 Likes

Do you know where psychotiller got his from?

liionwholesale i believe, that was some time ago though.

1 Like

@chrischo1996

you can compare cells + battery configuration here:

http://esk8life.com/batt/index.html

i’m using using spec sheet numbers

3 Likes

Take a look at Mooch test here:

The 30T is much better performer for maximum discharge of 35A, they keep the same temperature than the 40Ts at only 25A, so if you are going to jump into a 21700 cell instead of a 18650, you will only get 5A more on the 40T as you could discharge at 20A on the 30Q even though the latest is rated at 15A on the manufacturer datasheet.

TLDR
The 40T is rated on paper at 35A but it’s only safe at 25A CDR

5 Likes

I understand, thank you for the additional information!

1 Like

That’s a handy tool, me thanks!

This battery configuration is by no means inexpensive, but I have read several posts claiming that Chi Battery Systems builds a great pack. If you pick one up let us know what you think!

1 Like

what did you decide im stuck myself with the same choices as you but add p42a in 12s4p

Here’s something close [US] 2MuchStuffNeed2Sell! [Added Fox Proframe helmet.]EVO Complete, Many decks, Hummie Hubs, Dual Escape, Nano Drive Prices negotiable

Hello, Could you contact me if you are still making batteries? I am looking for a cheaper alternative to the Meepo 40T 10s2p ER battery pack. For the Meepo V3. Or just do discuss other battery arrangement options. I basically just want to go farther than 18km.

1 Like

@RaOsiris unfortunately I cannot ship batteries out of the US and I believe you are in Canada. Sorry.