Loaded Vanguard // 10S3P 30Q // eBoosted // Unity // 2x UNiK 6355 // Metr Pro

Great build, clean lines, well thought out.

1 Like

How have you dealt with the absolutely gigantic gap on the front of the battery enclosure when you flex the board?

I’m just cramming silicone and gasket gunk (some black goop) into it until I’m satisfied… There’s probably a better way to go about doing so though :thinking:

You could do like Kaly’s and have a membrane that makes the enclosure a sealed unit even before the enclosure is mounted if you see what I mean?

2 Likes

Yeah that was my initial idea.

I settled on a thick layer of silicone on the enclosure before I attached it, and then fill the gaps with more silicone and enclosure sealant

I picked that because I was lazy though… The membrane sounds like a more waterproof idea :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

is the bms used for discharge

No, charge only.

how many amps

As far as I have seen there is no gap? I’m probably wrong lol, I’ll have to ask somebody to look at the board when I’m on it.

1 Like

The Unity is set at 45A battery max (essentially the battery’s safe max continuous), then -30A for braking… and then I’m using my Enertion charger, which is 4A.

ok, what amp bms is that bevcasue it looks quite big

1 Like

It’s rated to 30A.

hm, not used for discharge but 30A is waste of space i think

Thank you!:pray:

We’d have to check with @pjotr47… but I think 30A was the minimum spec for the Smart BMS, as I wanted charge-only because the Unity does the rest.

oh it’s smartbms, ok

1 Like

This build is awesome. I love Vanguard builds, and was torn when I started making my board between the Poke and the Vanguard - went for a Poke so I didn’t have to split enclosure and for ease of transportation.

How much range/speed/sag do you get with the 10s3p, would you do the same again, or opt to squeeze the 4p in? Asking for a friend…not planning a second build before I have finished the first…

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: I like the Poke deck as well! I’ve not done a top speed run, but Metr Pro is saying 27.5MPH when the motors are wide open (board upside down)… unsure how accurate that is. I like to cruise at around 20MPH so I’m personally not too bothered about top speed anymore (I previously did ~27 on my Raptor and that was fast enough for me). Range I’m also unsure about, because of the UK lockdown due to COVID19 I’ve not been anywhere meaningful with the board, hoping to change that soon. I used to get an hour out of my previous 6S/5800mAh setup, so with 9000mAh I’m hoping for roughly double and maybe 12 miles? No noticeable sag at the moment. But I’ll report back for sure.

I’d definitely do the same again, as there’s a lot of love for the Vanguard decks still (unbeknown to me the Vanguard was Loaded’s first deck, although they changed the construction and that’s what Boosted ended up using for the V1/V2). I adore the deck and with this setup and it’s the most fun I’ve had from something I’ve put together. Cheers again!

Dope build! Made something simular a year ago myself.

Freaking speed demon, the flex made it scary af to ride.

1 Like

Sweet dude! Sad to say that’s the first time seeing that build/thread but you did a great job! You’re right, even at just 45A battery max with the Unity it has a lot of punch, rode it for an hour to shake it down yesterday. The eCalibers and Kuckles bushes actually make it quite stable, no wobbles yet.

Hey Jonny,

Im a little late to this…

But anyway, how thick were your foam pads? What did you do to increase the water resistance after that first water accident?