Loaded unlimited hub motors experience?

I’m just thinking that the loaded kit uses a 10s battery. Is there any reason to think these motors wouldn’t play well with 12s?

3 Likes

given the low KV nature of hub motors you could run them at higher voltages.

1 Like

Hey unlimited hubs owners,

Can anyone measure the dimensiosn of the hub can (without the sleeves). I need the diameter of the can and the width and depth of the grooves.

I have a set of the infamous neoHubs, and the fit of the orangatang sleeves seems a bit loose, but i dunno if it’s how they fit on the unlimited hubs, or if the size of the neo hubs is slightly off.

With the correct dimensions i might be able to make some kind of 3d printed adapter to make them fit better.

Cheers

2 Likes

Do all these tires use a harder core or are they all a completely soft pu?

100% soft pu

1 Like

Ayyy I love mine, and the $150 off coupon that Loaded was doing only made it a sweeter deal. In my experience (owner of a Solo, experienced riding all three, 12s4p 40T dual 6380 DIY owner), there is no better hybrid bridge between an esk8 and an analog push board, of which Loaded is a God. So, combining the two…sweetness. The hubs are practically just as smooth as pushing a push board. So close.

Cons: Straight up, their own business model. How? Why? What in the world? Well here’s the case. Their entry Solo kit (8ish miles +more with Unlimited [push assist] Mode) is actually the best kit! There is hardly a better bang for the buck if you want a legitimately awesome and pro quality push feeling board with electric assistance. The performance ramps up, sure, when you go with higher tier kits…but all you’re doing is adding extra components! The dual hub is better for torque, sure. But is it really necessary for the cost nearing $1K and 8 miles range? Nah. There are better options for that cost, or DIY a stout little machine. Race kit? Only 16 miles range and the 28mph limit for over $1300? No way. It’s smooth, it runs like a banshee, but for only 16 miles and then some sag…and you’re paying nearly $1400 after tax…I’m good. Think of what you could build for that. This is OG boosted board range, and we all know the lack of value there.

Modularity is phenomenal with the Unlimited Kit. The Solo is fun as hell and is the best experience you’ll get on a hub while keeping the pro-quality board feel and experience. Run it on whatever board you want outside of a double drop, mine was on a Vanguard and now is on a 1987 Valterra fat tail cruiser. You’d certainly have fun with the Race Kit too, but for the money, there are far better options for experience and cost.

3 Likes

I’m currently riding sensored FOC - never rode unsensored motors.

What’s it like starting from a full stop? Do they require a push to get started?

Yes the neo hubs were slightly smaller than the unlimited hubs and the orangatang sleeves did not fit properly. @KfromtheBay had some experience with it I believe…

I had a hissy fit and sold my neo hubs after finding out about this discrepancy :expressionless:

5 Likes

Watching (with neoHUBS in the workshop)

Have spare sleeves but they’ll wear out one day and would be good to have a backup plan…

4 Likes

I haven’t had any issues with it. Nothing noticeable anyhow. I’m running it them with VESC 6 and the most recent firmware. Apparently, sensorless motors were smoothed out a bit in the most recent firmware.

casting our own would be fun!

Wonder if we could cast directly onto the hub or something, when worn out cut/peel them off and cast new ones on.

2 Likes

You are correct about the slop when trying otang sleeves. This was heartbreaking for me as well

3 Likes

NeoHubs run hot anyways so unlimited might be the way to go

5 Likes

I have the loaded race kit, wouldn’t use any other urethane. I even hit a screw that went all the way through and I unscrewed it out, and the sleeve still works fine sliding. Also here is a video of me using them LOADED RACE KIT - ELECTRIC LONGBOARD - YouTube

5 Likes

I am thinking about using these on an upcoming build and was wondering if they are safe to use at 12S and how many amps people are pushing. @M.Hboards @tomiboi

2 Likes

I’m running 12s2p p42a on mine and so far so good. I just set mine up with the FOC wizard and went with the results.

3 Likes

So can you get a higher top end speed? Or just torque from increasing voltage?

Increasing voltage definitely gets you a higher top speed and from my non-scientific experience I believe it also yields additional torque but I am going to tag in somebody with way more knowledge about electronics than I to confirm or deny that theory: @MysticalDork

2 Likes

I emailed loaded unlimited and they confirmed the hubs are good to use with 12s

Stock unlimited package setup is 10s = 26mph. So 12s should give you a pretty quick board

2 Likes

Thanks for checking with them! I had always thought that most hubs are safe to run at 12S but it is great to confirm that before overvolting a $400 pair of motors.

1 Like