Little Tikes Cozy Coup Upgrade

So I was looking at my ESkate Parts and thinking my sister has a new born and what toys we rember useing from back then.

VESC’s would easily move this and a toddler

Is there a way to have a foot peddle (for the kid) and an overriding remote (for the responsible adult that I’m not) with a VESC?

Just looking for a direction of what to google to understand if it’s possible.

So mutch space in the back for battrys. wheels and steering rack would be needed or even simpler single motor on a 5th e scooter wheel located at the front in the middle would work and give ultimate manoeuverability in tight spaces.

4 Likes

make it 4wd and capable of going 80km/h for science

I think you can find one with a wired ppm output, should work

Yes on its own use a ADC throttle, on the ADC pins. The throttle connects to ADC, GND and 3.3V. A second ADC throttle can be used for braking or reverse.

I was think is it possible to have 2 one as a over ride via a remote for the adult

1 Like

It’s a little jank, but you could set up a foot pedal under duty cycle control for accel/braking in one, and have the remote set up as brake only. I know this will work with ADC control, unsure about PWM

1 Like

pretty sure you can have one over ppm and a remote over uart, but to override the other, no idea

1 Like

Lots of the newer power wheels these days come with a parent over ride remote so you can steer your kid around haha :joy:

Yoy can do whatever you want if you want to edit firmware.

1 Like