Lipos for first build

Had no luck with finding li-ion packs so looking to find some lipos for my first build, unsure what I’m looking for(a couple 4000mAh 6s1p 40cs or 8000mAh 3sp1 30cs)
Any suggestions thanks
located aus

1 Like

Good choice.

Read this thread in full.

It should answer all your questions. At the end, you can see the mileage he is getting. My post here should get you started

1 Like

This is one I used a few years ago its was up on the other site around 2016/17 I loved this set up…it was a rocket 11mile range

3 Likes

These guys have an Aussie warehouse. Will work out a lot cheaper with no import taxes

https://chinahobbyline.com/

good read, I might pick up a few of these CNHL 6200mAh 22.2V 6S 30C Lipo Battery cause I want them underneath and only street riding, also someone in the thread used Classic VESC4 hardware 4.12 60V 50A VESC - MakerX what do you reckon
atm I’ve only got 38inch drop through deck and single 190 kv 6374 battle hardened.

Those batteries are a tad thick. Try go for 3 x 4s or 4 x 3s to get to 12s.

Don’t know much about that ESC.

Those are over here but they are missing charge port fuses

I had to have a look it was Namasaki who did the sketch

what’s the reason for bypassing the bms?

end up going for the 4x3s. what would you recommend in the way of escs and bms.

I would get a Bluetooth BMS so you can always check the voltages. For the esc, try to find a focbox unity. :+1:t2: What’s your budget?

they’re a bit steep for me $250+, I’ve got my own deck and single motor so around 700 to play with for batteries, esc, trucks, mounts etc.

What batteries did you get?

12s ESCs are generally more expensive. Maybe you can find a used Unity.

not sure, I saw another build topic you recommend 10s and could run flipsky 4.12/4.20 ecs, for 10 mile range/ 25mph speed which is what I’m after. Probably go with these maybe? CNHL 8000mAh 18.5V 5S 30C Lipo Battery if you

Those batteries are out of stock in the Aussie warehouse. But yes, 10s ESCs are much cheaper and 25mph should not be a problem.

For a 10 mile range, you probably need around a 6ah battery on street wheels.

What deck do you have and what wheel size?

5x
https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/detail/353
would work very well

Ovonic also have a AU warehouse

no wheels yet probably 83mm tho, and obfive drop through 38inch

You need to get slim lipos then. You will have clearance issues with small wheels and drop through deck.

If you decide to get a flipsky get a 4.20. They are smaller have a big TVS diode and better heat dissipation than the 4.12.

1 Like