LiPo Balance Lead PCB (gouging interest)

Having bought some off you already, is there any way to:

• Make it out of the flexible type of PCB material
  • Have a switch to change between configs e.g. 6 battery bays can either be setup as 12S2P (with 4S LiPos) or 12S3P (with 6S LiPos)
3 Likes

the flexible pcb i may be able to do. however id need to do my research.
And switching between packs is very very hard.
how do you like your current boards?

2 Likes

Quality is outstanding, a bit concerned WRT comments about inter-pack balance current. If your traces can handle the same current as 24AWG wire then please ignore.

I’m not overly concerned about flex, as mine’s going into a backpack along with my batteries, but people with MTBs would be because they flex a lot and that would kill it.

2 Likes

Also, might be an idea to add a small LED to each trace where the connectors are, to indicate continuity when connected.

3 Likes

everything’s here yall. Link will be in the next reply

4 Likes

So not flexible then?

1 Like

Not flexible flexible like those flexible pcb’s that evolve do. But pretty flexible. I can make some videos to show how flexible they are if you want?

2 Likes

My concern (for others) is for repetitive flexing i.e. fatigue. IMO this version can only be used on an inflexible deck. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

I get that. I don’t think it’ll suffer over time. Its fibreglass so it should be okay

1 Like

Is there still the potential to do the next iteration as flexible as the Evolve PCB?

1 Like

Possibly. I can look into it but i dont know if there are enough people who are doing “flexible deck lipo” builds. its mainly people doing premade flexible liion packs.

Only every MTB out there.

usually they’re using top mount boxes aren’t they? the bottom mount enclosures are usually 21700’s? Correct me if im wrong?

Historically, think of the future mate. Lots of people using MTBs for street. Also, it’ll allow for using your solution with flexible bamboo decks.

2 Likes

you have a good point. I’ll look into my dude

1 Like

Just received mine! Looks good! It was a bit longer than I had anticipated haha

If you’re making another batch, I would recommend terminating the balance leads into a single connector as opposed to 3 or 2 separate connector. Makes it a little easier to connect the BMS in my opinion

1 Like

noted! hope it works for you!

1 Like

Any chance for getting 12s1p?

Why would you need a 12s1p? You should be able to directly connect to bms without a complicated harness or parallel mess

2 Likes