Limiting all programs to a set speed

cant you also have 2 remotes and make one slower

No, that only controls power and not speed

4 Likes

I think this will be the route i will try. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Youtube Short idea haha

1 Like

Hi,

I’m affected by the same laws, it can be found here, but is only in norwegian: Tekniske krav til små elektriske kjøretøy | Statens vegvesen

I tried to translate the part about speed without sacrificing linguistic integrity, but still have it make sense in english:

Restrictions for speeds above 20 km / h
There are no speed limit for the use of small electric vehicles, but a requirement for speed restrictions.

It is the manufacturer who must set up a speed restriction which makes it not possible to reach any higher speed than 20 km/h with motor power.

The requirement is not met if the user can change the maximum speed via a switch, different modes or by an app.

I’ve read this law about a dozen times since I find it a bit tricky. It is based on the assumption that the manufacturer and the user are not the same person, which for us diy people is not the case. One party has to have access to something the other don’t, which is impossible when both parties are the same person. I guess this is a flaw in the law, but we have to obey it as best as we can. Both the «duty cycle»-method and the metr-method as well as the vesc-mobile-method sounds like our best options as far as I know, probably the «duty cycle»-method if you wanna be real picky about it. And honestly if the police pull me over and try to charge me for this Imma fight! (verbally, not physically), because I’m/we’re really going out of my/our way to obey the law here.

But I got a question about the «duty cycle»-method. Will this affect torque / speed uphill? Like if both the duty cycle values are set to whatever value it needs to be to go 20 km/h on flat ground, will the board be able to reach 20 km/h uphill as well or will it be super slow upwards?

2 Likes

It is capping the entire duty cycle on the high end, your low end acceleration should be exactly the same up to your limit.

1 Like

So this means 20 km/h uphill shouldn’t be a problem?

LoL YouTube Short sucks donkey asshole though

Why not YouTube?

No it doesn’t, it’s great lol

Shorts is just a better version of TikTok

I could make a regular video, it’s just not enough content for 10 minutes unless I really dragged it on

No reason a regular video has to be 10 minutes

That’s true, I do just prefer to make longer content. We will see, I’ve got a list in my queue already :grinning:

Yes

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks!

1 Like

So adjusting the duty cycle is the best way to limit the speed of the board? Say find the correct duty cycle settings that makes the board go 20 km/h for me, then my super skinny friends jumps on. The the board would manage to reach speed higher than 20 km/h right?

No, the board would stay at the same top speed even with a lighter rider.

1 Like

Something like this

3 Likes

I liked simply because I stole the image

2 Likes

I liked simply because

2 Likes

So you would recommend adjusting the duty cycle instead of limiting the ERPM?

Yes; limiting the ERPM disables your brakes above that speed. Hills could be very dangerous.

2 Likes