LHB - what is he even doing now

WOW. Punch to the gut from someone I consider a pal. Literally forced my tampon out when I doubled over.

4 Likes

On a side note, nate sold that raptor / chasm build. Kind of pissed me off but whatever.

5 Likes

I wanna come down to Florida and bring some decks. With both our decks, we could do a real classy photoshoot with some palm trees for the Calender.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

27 Likes

Make sure you get some shots of you touching your decks together. Not for me. For a friend. @BillGordon told me not to say his name though. :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

I was kind of wondering about that, and a bit bummed that you weren’t immediately notified when the board did show up.

3 Likes

I’m down. If i can get some more pressed i’m going to do them iridescent and match them with enclosures. I need to work on my tan lines though lol

7 Likes

a couple days ago a customer asked me to rebuild a pack he had on a loaded deck he got from somewhere. i told him to bring it by today.

yesterday he rode it and it caught the board on fire.

today he brought it by:

moral of the story: bindings directly over the battery compartment are bad.

19 Likes

ON A LOADED DECK?

11 Likes

same question also damn that thing looks tooooast

3 Likes

he got it from some other dude. he somehow acquired what looks like a generic 10S ESC with a matching remote and the hardware (trucks, motors, wheels, etc) seem to be ok so we’re going to rebuild it with a 10S4P in some eboosted enclosures for minimum cash.

I tried to talk him into a custom, but he wouldn’t ride my board. usually that’s all it takes to get somebody wanting one. I think he knew that lol

22 Likes

Can we have a transcript of your conversation where you make recommendations and suggestions but the customer decides to go against it because of money?

I’ve been in that position a few times already and I’ve had the pleasure of watching them fail and ultimately have to spend more. I can’t even imagine what it’s like for you

4 Likes

TLDR: partner thinks its going to get him killed so he doesn’t want to drop a lot of money into it. but between the labor, cells, and enclosure from peru… he’s doing it anyway. He wants to get into DIY but like a lot of people i see a struggle in him. I know that struggle. It’s real.

it just fills my head with “let me tell you about the time… asplosion! fire! street face!” but i try to keep it down.

eventually they all come back and try my daily riders and finally come to the conclusion. some of them take years though. Ocassionally somebody will check in just to tell me they’re stil saving for a build.

of course some tell me they got a kaly or lacroix instead. Then i start fucking with them a bit.

20 Likes

Damn Damon, did Jason get under your skin?

I’m having a chat with him again soon, maybe you have something you want me to ask or convey?

4 Likes

I have bindings on my loaded deck, great for kart tracks!

3 Likes

And for roasting marshmallows.

5 Likes

Ask him about Gamergirl :rofl:

20 Likes

I put them on and off actually, i do really like the secure feel you have with bindings and the extra leverage i have over the leans, screws are countersunk aswell and are not in contact with the battery so no fires here :p.

1 Like

14 Likes

Which time? I’ve been dealing with him for six years.

7 Likes

Fair one LHB. I’m keen to see what he has to say for himself @frame. Colour me intreagued.

5 Likes