LG Battery Safety Video

I lol’d a bit here… I imagine they picture us menacing DIYers as this:

5 Likes

Also this

6 Likes

You wouldn’t download a car would you?

Just put the laptop down everyone

5 Likes

I can’t say I don’t really support Samsung there.

People don’t understand how to treat unprotected cells. They throw those things into mechanical vapes with hardly the knowledge of ohm’s law, those cells with no thermal protection, no current protection, the only thing regulating current is a self-wrapped kenthal wire coil often not even measured in resistance, with people demanding huge power outputs from cells not rated or capable.

I’ve seen it all. Then they blame the manufacturer when their cells blow up in their face because their mechanical mod went off in their pocket for 20 seconds drawing 100+ amps from the 20 amp rated cell. Good for Samsung to take their name out of that idiocy.

8 Likes

i feel personally attacked

7 Likes

Don’t think it is directed towards us, $18.99 per cell at 0:07 would bankrupt all of us.

2 Likes

The prices at vape stores are insane. I don’t know much about the vaping world, but I went to a few stores to buy sample cells way back before I found a good source.

2 Likes

If I need just two cells a local shop carries and keeps at storage voltage I’ll pick them up locally to get them quick.

I hope (but doubt) this won’t affect our use of cells.

Either way, molicel seem like a great option.

1 Like