lets finish that fricking boy before christmas

Hello there I hope my title intrigued some people lol.

June 1st was the start of it all and the end is near !

The first purchase I made were the batteries, wich were 18650 samsung’s 20r had in theory 100 of them after salvaging and testing them ONLY GOT 17 GOOD ONES !?! (thx for ripping me off yk who you are >:( ) and to go with the batteries a smart 10s rated for 60A bms.

The second major purchase for my build is the VESC, motors, remote and anti-spark switch I know I know flipshit it seemed like a good deal to a noob tho (at least it’s not a plus OR a 4.20 lol)

Third purchase was the board ! (more like 4th but it’s a story for the end :wink: ) And I wanna thank the seller for the awesome experience. It is a trampa carver 16 ply with, sadly, mini spring trucks, 6.5 inch urban wheels, superstar hubs and 60(? not sure about this one) tooth pulleys

Fourth purchase other batteries this time the site did hook me up lmfao they are 2170’s model 3, the website said 4800 mah but it’s more like 5 000 to 5 100mah,they’re rated for 10A continuous and 15A burst I kept the 10s 60A smart bms (it works great) I got 120 of them but went with a 10s6p configuration, stored in a pelican case that is yet to be fixed, the anti-spark switch will be contained with the battery.

fifth purchase and last( even if it was the second one ) was a motor mount from @idea it was the trampa 6.5 motor mount but it was second hand and pretty much got scammed (yet to see if the guy just died or really did scam me) ANYWAYS I’ll just fucking DIY to the max the motor mounts hoping both motors will fit without touching each other, every little details have to be done by hand because I have no
-band saw
-grinder
-sander
-jigsaw
but I do have a dremel and a drill as powertools OH and a cheap MIG
Hand tools I have:
-handsaw
-sandpaper
-clamps
-file set
thats definitely a challenge especially in 2 days (only time I have is on the week-ends for now)

6374 motor for size comparison.
I have 2 plates at 6,5 mm thick bought at school for like 10 $ CAD(7.5 USD or 6.5 Euro) the pic on the right is my perfect cut (oxy-cutting, and btw I did ask if I could borrow (or use tools directly at school ) for personnal use and time but because of covid they said no) now I need a design to A. be able to fix it to the truck and B. be somewhat simple but good looking ( btw anyone got a trick to remove that god damn pulley that i got stuck on the motor shaft ? other than cutting it ofc)

there is only one problem to be solved and it is the VESC enclosure! first plan was to 3d print it but my 3d printer died, the on-board mosfet for the hot-end almost started a fire,the other night I thought of replacing the dead mosfet with the heatbed mosfet and not use the heatbed at all OR possibly bypass the mosfet… nah prob a bad idea lol. Dollar store tupperware is an ugly option too.

Anyways I hope you’re as excited as me to see the finished product! BTW sorry if I did some mistakes english isn’t my first language. Can’t wait to see if you have any feedback for me :smiley:

7 Likes

I have to mention that you should take into account unreliability of pre-built antisparks. Think twice, but use them once.

Actually, from unprepared buyer perspective they look awesome, but most daddies of this forum use loopkey, especially if we are talking about AT setup.

Or make your own antispark design that does not suck, if you are into electronics. But better use loopkey, really.

Really appreciate that you are making motor plate yourself. That’s really impressive.

4 Likes

It depends, the newer high power ones with heat sinks are really nice, FlipSky’s new generation are not bad and have the rolling start feature

2 Likes

thanks for the advice and will add a loopkey :pray:t2:

1 Like