Let's buy/build a high performance Esk8 carver/ race skate (for science, and for reals)

Lol your title

3 Likes

Read the thread bud, I’ve mentioned a few times how I’d like hypertrucks probably but just see them as wide matrix 2s made of a stronger material.

Make me say it a 3rd time and I’ll appear in your mirror.

4 Likes

JwRKqod

giphy%20(12)

Love u bud

4 Likes

Get a room fellas this built up tension isn’t good for
your prostates.

6 Likes

Easy now, Kelly’s appointment was recent.

Back to topic…

I’d like to see a gear drive running on the hypertrucks. Bets on who’s gonna be the first to get it done? I have a feeling some of you may already know. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

If i had the finance this wouldve been priority #1

1 Like

I just want to touch on the Lacroix vs Kaly thing everyone is all juiced up about…

I have ridden all three a lot (proto, Nazare, Kaly) and have worked on all these decks so have gotten to know them all intimately in that way as well.

First off, they are the 2 best completes you can buy. Hands down. Either one are a major win.

The thing is they are very different and excel at different things.

@Kellag if you felt your Kaly was a trampoline, you got the wrong stiffness, that’s all.

I think of the Lacroix as a Cadillac and the Kaly as a high end dirt bike. They just feel different while riding.

I feel more aggressive while on the Kaly. I can turn sharper and feel more locked in due to the wings. And the gear drives are so fucking sexy, and powerful.

On the Lacroixs, they are so fucking Kush. So damn stable. While less aggressive than the Kaly, the size is AWESOME for big humans. I feel like I can do a cartwheel on the deck while going 40 mph with all that foot real estate. Just lovely.

And the hypertrucks are not just wide Matrix 2s. Just like a Colab is not an MBS deck (luv you anyway Justin).

So what is best?

Hmmmm.

Fucking both. Go for the style you want. Or be smart and get both.

I have a DIY Prototipo, a DIY Kaly both on RKPs.

But am in the process of building a stock(ish):wink: Kaly and want to build essentially a stock Lonestar as well.

I will grab what fits the kind of riding I am getting into that day. Or let friends try them so they can make up their own minds on which of the 2 highest end Completes money can buy they prefer.

Will be a tough choice to be sure.

15 Likes

It’s the max stiffness new Kaly deck, the problem with Kaly at higher speeds lies in the trucks. The springs suck above 35 and bounce you around. You have rkps on yours so it’s a stable ride

1 Like

I have ridden stocks one too, you carveeeee.

And what do.you weigh like 170? I am like 210 on the max stiffness and it is pretty damn stiff. Wonder if you got the wrong one by mistake somehow.

3 Likes

Oh well they hella bouncy for us light guys. They’re Carver’s not great at high speeds

@kook come ride mine in SD. I’m taking the nazare and my fast board to Barrett junction to fuck around when it dries up

1 Like

Yah anything over 30 on my trampaline gets a bit bouncy. Very flexy deck I have

3 Likes

I thought you said it was a trampoline?

I will say spring trucks take way more tinkering to get tuned in for sure.

3 Likes

By trampoline I mean the ride does not inspire confidence at high speeds, not that the deck is too flexy cuz it’s not. Whenever you hit a bump at 35+ you almost fly off and they bounce around

2 Likes

That’s interesting, you think that is the spring trucks or the deck? Because I haven’t sensed that at all.

1 Like

Springs definitely, deck is great. I’m not a fan of the trucks. Tony who is a bigger way feels the same and almost everyone else who rides a Kaly with us. There’s like 10 of those fuckers out here lol

1 Like

Oh you mean the suspension trucks? Maybe he should just get a stiffer suspension

1 Like

I’ve tried them with yellow dampas in back, and orange in back and pink in front. Same thing it’s the trucks