Let there be ESK8 lights

Interesting new thing from Maxkgo/flipsky (not sure who maxkgo is… anyone heard of them?)

Looks like it plugs in to your esc and changes light color and behavior based on your signal.

6 Likes

Flipsky sells it here: Flipsky ESK8 Sport Waterproof LED Strip Controller For Longboard | Sco – FLIPSKY

But you might get a better deal from here (manufacturer?): ESK8 Sport LED Strip Controller Compatible with VESC/FSESC/Focbox for

3 Likes

Oh wow, it’s literally an ESP32 breakout board lol (and a buck converter)

The hardware itself is dirt cheap, but a small price to pay for someone else to do all the coding. And probably pretty easy to hack and modify.

I wonder what the input voltage is on the buck. Probably not more than 10 or 12S, but it isn’t listed

4 Likes

Anyone tried the new Shredlights Sl-300 (would like to hook them up via cable for charging/and control via PPM on one of the addtional buttons) (nanox/tramapa wand)

1 Like

I took some apart and it should be very easy to mod in charge wires. Not sure how you would unhook said wires. if you wanted to take them off.

I was gonna make a funny meme where I was looking at the sl300 (this is 200) and saying “You’re next!!”

2 Likes

I wonder if this could be combined with TTL lighting kit for a cool multiple effects.

I would use the cheaper strip around the edge where it is easy to damage and the TTL bottom for underglow. The more simple traveling dot would work together well I think.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing; one of mine is broken after riding in the rain so I guess I’ll try to use it as a non-rechargable light

2 Likes

the sl300 is a hell of a lot harder to take apart. Not only the rubber being stronger also SCREWS!

4 Likes

I do know their relationship if you guys would like to know. And welcome to buy this products from E-ARK aliexpress store, Skateboard Sport LED Strip Controller Compatible with VESC /FSESC/Focbox for Esk8 / Longboard | MAXKGO NELF S1X Strip Controller|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

ref link “send a FREE USB-C quad cable to a friend.”

Less than half the cost of TTL but less than half the features.

2 Likes

Putting these here so I don’t forget, and someone else can take advantage of a full lazy couch day of smart brake light research:

Enfitnix Xlite100

Battery: 400 mAh li-ion
Size: 50mm L x 34mm dia
Weight: ~40g
Water resistance: IPX6
Mount: screw mount back
Input: DC5V 300mA
Light: 50 lumens max
Charge: USB Micro
Cost: (Nov 2021) around $15 on ebay or $23 on aliexpress

Enfitnix Xlite100 SR

Same as above, but comes in a 2 pack with dedicated baseplate mounting bracket(s)
Cost: $40 on backfireboardsusa.com or ebay

Enfitnix Xlite200 now with carbon fiber oOh

Size: 31mm L x 34.5mm dia
Weight: ~30g
Mount: quick release
Input: DC5V 300mA
Light: 30 lumens
Charge: USB C
Cost: $30 on amazon, ebay, aliexpress, etc

Meroca Smart Light aka MX2

Battery: 500 mAh li-ion
Size: 44mm L x 34mm dia
Weight: ~56g
Light: 100 lumens max
Cost: $12 aliexpress, $15 on ebay

Oil-slick and pink colorways available for you fashionable bros

Meroca Super One

Battery: 500 mAh li-ion
Size: 44mm L x 34mm dia
Weight: ~56g
Light: 80 lumens max
Cost: $14 on aliexpress

Rockbros Q1

Battery: 300 mAh li-ion
Size: 40mm L x 34mm dia
Weight: ~30g
Water resistance: IPX5
Light: ?
Cost: $14 on aliexpress

Rockbros Q3

Battery: 300 mAh li-ion
Weight: ~33g
Water resistance: IP65
Light: ?
Cost: $16 on aliexpress

Rockbros Q5

Weight: ~55g
Water resistance: IP65
Light: 60 lumens
Cost: $20 on aliexpress or ebay

15 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Does anyone control their lights (on, off) from the discharge port of their their smart bms? I have a 20A charge and discharge BMS from LLT but no way to control the the lights. Bms wired as charge only

1 Like

I don’t

Yes, I’ve been doing this for a long time

6 Likes

Has anyone made a simple diy battery pack specifically for their lights?

Something like 2x 21700 in an aliexpress case like:

or

I’d rather add capacity with a few more cells than use a buck converter. With enough silicone & tape, a simple holder like these might power one or two LED front lights quite well. Thoughts, experiences, warnings?

(lights like this:

)

3 Likes

I stopped using lights that don’t run off the board battery, unless they are handheld, because it absolutely sucks adding more things in your life that have to be charged, and that can die at inopportune moments. A phone and a skate is enough :crazy_face:

18 Likes

Very true. One day i will integrate. But today is not that day.

3 Likes

I realized that I have never shared the TelTail Lighting (TTL) System proeject here.

In case anyone is looking for a plug and play lighting system with headlights, tailights, underglow, and horn, check out the thread below.

9 Likes

I have tested the ever-loving shit out of the TTL module, lots of water and recently dragging it around on the ground and smashing on curbs.

Now they have a dandy aluminum top and should hold up even better if mounted somewhere they could be hit.

3 Likes