Leather racing suits

Hey dudes,

Wondering if anybody has experience with full leather suits, specifically for downhill skateboarding, not interested in motorcycle suits.

Looking to buy tailor made but wanna make an informed decision.

Currently tossing up between BTR and NJK (edit: XAVIA has entered the ring). If anyone has experience with any of them, would be awesome to hear from you.

@MoeStooge looking directly at you here my man.

7 Likes

“tailor made full leather suite” sounds even more expensive than kinky

8 Likes

Expensive, but i’m getting sick of losing skin. The last good crash ate some of an expensive tattoo and I don’t plan on stopping crashing any time soon.

14 Likes

Speaking of tattoo and crash. The dermaplastic used to heal tattooing is great for road rash. Cuts healing time in half (assuming you sanitize the wound properly).

As for the suit. … following

10 Likes

I used manuka honey on this one and it was fucking fantastic.

5 Likes

Oh shit I’ve never even considered this. That’s a much cheaper alternative.

3 Likes

@JaysTCB just had a custom one piece made by NJK. Jason could better fill in the process.

12 Likes

Yea it’s the same stuff they use in hospitals but since it’s marketed for tattooing it’s like $20 a roll instead of $20 for three small patches.

9 Likes

You mean drink a lot of booze ? :rofl:

2 Likes

why apply alcohol when you can drink it

4 Likes

Wow I needed this info 6 months ago, but I suspect I will need it again!

4 Likes

I took like half the skin off my fore arm 2 years ago. It did a good job minimizing scar tissue too.

2 Likes

I use this stuff too. My first good bail brought me to bike forums in my research on road rash care.
#1 thing they talk about is keeping the wound moist.
I keep a nice little kit in the pack for group ride mayhem/ chaos. I’m fully stocked at home for all the wounds.

Ooo and back on topic with leathers. It would be sweet to have a bottom up zipper as well, similar to snow gear, so you don’t have to fully unzip to get a good quick piss out by the side of the road.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i’ll see if they can do me a dick zipper :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No need, you go astronaut style

3 Likes

Or Nascar style with a dick tube going out next to your shoe

3 Likes

I can see you guys laughing about this… but this is actually a serious consideration for me :rofl:

4 Likes

Bottom up zipper FTW if they can do. Surely were not the first to think of this. It’d be worth a 50$ upgrade to me, it’s really handy on the snow hill where the beer flows through you like water.

3 Likes

This is scary, crashing with tube attached to the dick. What if it pulls the tip off?

3 Likes

It’ll be fiiine. Free circumcision

3 Likes