What i can do for you my friend?

i not hope you want make me ball bearings (((

1 Like

his hubs do take 26mm od bearings lol
3 of em

Jo my hubs work with 28mm OD
i dont think that 26mm OD is available with 12mm ID

2 Likes

yea, I got mixed up - I think you use 6001 bearings, but for some reason I assumed they have the same OD as 6000 size bearings which are 26mm od 10mm id 8mm width

1 Like

OK, below are links to the products I’m talking about. They mention increased speed, top speed, etc. Are you sure you are interpreting that formula you posted correctly.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Bones_Big_Balls_Reds_Bearings/descpage-BSBGBBR.html?from=bshop&from=bshop&msclkid=71ecb2104a031648c798d2d70ae92f36&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%3A%20Bearings%3A%20bshop&utm_term=4583520390406529&utm_content=Shopping%3A%20Bearings

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Hard_Luck_Hard_Six_6_Ball_Speed_Bearings/descpage-HLSBSBR.html

Yes.
Given that the claims of higher speed and lower rolling friction are directly aimed at selling you a product, are you sure it’s not just marketing wank? I don’t see any studies, formulas or empirical measurements to back up those claims.

Again, I don’t think the difference between 608 7-ball and 608 6-ball bearings (even if that one ball does have a significant effect, which I am still not 100% convinced of) really matters at all in the world of powered vehicles. You’re just not gonna feel the difference, because you’re not pushing.
The higher speed also doesn’t matter, because the limiting speed for a 7-ball 608 is 20,000 RPM, which equates to about 250 miles per hour with 107mm wheels. So what if the 6-ball bearings have an even higher limit? It’s not like we’re even close to the 7-ball limit.

1 Like

Rolling resistance generally decreases with the radius. I think you threw that web page out without understanding it. It’s one of the first websites to come up when you search " bearings" and “rolling resistance”. I think there are a lot of things in esk8 that are just part of the general skateboarding legacy that could be improved upon.

Thanks for your input!