[Land_It.] - Hummie - Custom / 2x 6374 / 3D Servisas Gear / TB110

Dude I love this build do you have a link for the frit :call_me_hand:

Thanks, here is the link for the frit:

https://shop.bullseyeglass.com/clear-transparent-medium-frit-iridescent-rainbow-fusible-1-lb-jar.html

3 Likes

Thanks keep the updates coming your work has so many inspiring things that I want to do :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Did you first apply epoxy, then place the paper stencil, and then throw the frit on? Or is there some other way that I’m missing here :thinking:

Also idk how I only now found this build thread, this is fantastic!

3 Likes

Yup. Exactly. Thinn layer of epoxy. Put the stencil on. Apply frit then just shake off frit that didn’t stick (one over the stencil) remove stencil. Done.

3 Likes

Not so much progress in the last couple of days…

Ordered a new set of bearings… I am using SKF pretty much my whole life, never had issues with them.

Spinted UBox VESC has arrived, the thing looks really nice, it will just barely fit, it is quite thick box and I didnt take in consideration the thickness of the bolt heads…

The power button that came with ESC had 2 issues, first one was that it emits green light when powered on, and the second is that it is too big to fit next to the X brackets, so I have decided to use a button from a Flipsky antispark I had laying around. It’s much smaller and it has blue LED.

After some time spent in Fusion360, I came up with this design for a power switch.

After a few tries, 3D printed fine, so I did a quick test fit.

In a few days, I’ll do a final print, then some sanding, and painting since i dont like the 3D print finish.

14 Likes

Well it’s been a while, but today I’ve finally managed to finish this thing, so lets start:

First I’ve drilled some canals for the motor phase wires, and other cables that needs to go beneath the enclosure.

I have decided to use CNLinko LP-16 Connector for charging, since previous solutions got warm at 9A, decision was made to put it next to the power button, since I hang my board on the wall and this was the most convenient location to make plugging charger easy once the board is hanging.

While we are at charging, since its 3P battery I had some worries about cells getting hot while charging, so I did some bench tests with battery completely covered, and all went good, temperature was about 35-36 Celsius, so I am more than happy.

Since I am going to run motor wires form the top of the deck next to the X Brackets, aesthetics had to be taken in mind, and generally I hate when things are not at least decently clean.

Internals are finisher, all locked down with 3M Dual Lock, and hot glue where needed.

Installed the gasket…

What I have learnt from previous builds, always put some markers (here, I have used a small amount of grey tape) next to the holes locations, so you can locate them in no time and predrill the gasket for the screws, so it wont be torn or twisted during first enclosure install.

Time for the enclosure.

It’s done :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

And of course, some cheap night shots, showing the installed tail lights :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Thanks

37 Likes

Really clean build, I love the looks! Especially the cable management with the X bracket.

Is that some EL wire? Looks really sick! I need some too :grin: What did you use to power it?

7 Likes

Yes its EL Wire, It’s came with a small PSU that runs on 12V, so the Spintend ESC was perfect for the job since it has a 12V output.

8 Likes

Really clean build!
I love the EL wire tail lights.

4 Likes

This is incredible. Very inspiring. Good to know Spintend fits in hummie ss.

4 Likes

It does, but keep in mind that the screws had to be removed in order it to fit.

4 Likes

Awesome board, what’s the diameter of your wire mesh?

1 Like

What sort of paint did you use?
Or did you use epoxy pigment?

1 Like

This looks so good! Great job on the build!

2 Likes

Hey, it’s 6mm, this one:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wire-mesh-guard-red-6mm-1m-1.html?___store=en_us

It’s not epoxy, it’s regular white spray paint, water based.

4 Likes

That is very nice!!! Great job.

1 Like

Very nice and tidy. Something that I aspire to in my builds.

Been very tempted to put an EL-Wire in a channel along the board as you have, but doubt that it would be bright enough on the street-lit roads that I ride. Maybe it’s just cheap EL-Wire that I have tried/seen so far.

Do you ever wish for yours to be brighter? Hard to tell how bright they are looking at photos sometimes.

Yes, I wish those were brighter. I made this more for looks than for safety feature.

That said, I am trying to figure out a brighter solution for my next build, so far it’s eather too large or too expensive.

I’ll try to take a photo that represent a true brightness.

6 Likes

The EL wire is such a nice effect. Very nice design for “running lights”. What inverter did you use to power it off your 12v esc line?

You might consider arduino + LED strips for bright / brake lights.
(GitHub - ju-mpe-r/synchronized_lighting_for_vesc: Synchronized Lighting for VESC)

1 Like