LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

What are the amp ratings on these guys? I wonder how a 5065 would like 5-10A @ 75-100V…

1 Like

Looks pretty cool. Is this dual like the unity running on one shared thingy?

I wonder since mackan says you can use the VESC tool which doesn’t work for the unity because of this.

I suppose the big chip in the middle is my answer and you can only use the VESC app for reading.

This esc is freaking awesome :smile:
I know this is a long shot but is there any way this could become open source one day? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dropped me on the list :slight_smile: Broken my trampa vescs a week ago and trampa don’t want to replace them and are still talking about a overvoltage spike. Time to go to a higer voltage then…

8 Likes

It is my understanding that the Stormcore is not VESC based. Is that correct?
In that case will it be open source?

4 Likes

Yes its vesc based (3shunt design). But with 1 MCU like Unity.

Bench testing it on 4wd:

18 Likes

will this have the auto setup feature like the unity :grimacing:

2 Likes

Does this also apply for the final version?
Unless I misread this, it seems it is not vesc based.

8 Likes

Under the configure tab you will be able to set up your stormcore or unity from scratch. Motor detection, motor & app settings, etc. That’s coming later.

For now, those that have a Unity and wanna run the latest Unity FW please test the app for me! I would love for this app to become the one stop shop for all eskaters in the future.

34 Likes

What a colab.

Great stuff guys and gals

21 Likes

Looks fantastic! Great job!

10 Likes

Thank you! Couldn’t have done it if @Deodand didn’t have infinite patience to stand me bugging him all the time

20 Likes

The config is identical to 4.02 config with the addition of a second command for motor config 2 where it emulate a second can connected vesc.

2 Likes

Any plans for an android app?
Ill test the ios one if i run into my buddy who lent my iphone last year :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yes, but soon. It’ll be a similar experience to iOS with ride tracking, stats, setup, etc

11 Likes

Nice! I was wondering if something would come out this year busting the v-ceiling, congrats

I would like to enter the 100v double-Dragon, my track record is crap but I’m pretty sure everyone else on the list is janking your chain with build stats.

Ps help the pauvre app-wise I’m maxed out on updates

6 Likes

wow. I had a feeling Jeff was involved when I saw this. This looks like a dream team!!!

19 Likes

Going to test the LaCroix app on the Unity tonight when I get back from work. Should be telling.

2 Likes

Nope, mine’s ready, just slide the 100D and LiPo’s in and I’m done.

5 Likes

so you have to have at least a 13s in order to use the Stormcore…