LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

You would not have to desolder your BLE you could just flash it erase it’s FW from the vesc-tool and solder some wires to the UART pins. It would certainly void your warranty but wouldn’t be that hard to do.

7 Likes

or people taking up 2 ports just from uart remote (split uart is safer then canbus)
then some clever lights or something attached to a different port to add

Cool, yeah I’ve finally taken the dive into SMD after having to fix a maker-x ESC. Might as well get to modding!

1 Like

worst case scenario?

Probably the main risk here is that the NRF pins aren’t 5V tolerant so you would want to make sure whatever it talks to is running 3.3V logic. Also don’t run too long of wires, the NRF gpio are more fragile and I’ve seen transients blow up some internal diode in the IC causing a weak short to ground on the gpio.

5 Likes

I just want 3 devices lol

Uart remote
Metr
Davega.

I guess if the stromcore app becomre more versatile and as good as metr, I could give up metr, but right now I feel like metr is a necessity

7 Likes

Get metr can :+1:

4 Likes

yes but for 4wd i use can to connect 2 stormcores together, can they be connected through Metr can?

4 Likes

Plutonium have 2 flexi bms, 2 Stormcores and 1 metr can on same canbus :+1:

13 Likes

Metr pushed out a big group buy before releasing the CAN version, with 3 new metr’s to hand uart is a necessity atm.

Also all the other stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks to the crew from LACROIX for providing all three winners of this year’s BOTY with high-quality LACROIX headwear.

Your support is appreciated!

16 Likes

Haven’t seen this discussed or answered recently… any expected timeline for 60s models to be available for purchase again?

2 Likes

This makes me want to not turn my 1st Batch 100D on until theres a replacement ready. Should I hold off and wait @Deodand? I am also going to send an email to support. Thanks.

Hmm I had a very similar shutdown on mine reading under 10v and have managed to get a fault code of abs over current pretty easily on any full throttle.
Did you guys find out what your issue was?
I’m awaiting a reply from Charles but it’s getting hard to trust riding this enough

1 Like

Can you send a screenshot of your motor_settings > general > current screen?

1 Like

I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with any of this bs no more :rofl:
Be safe out there brother :love_you_gesture:t3:

7 Likes

Don’t have a screenshot at the moment but it was doing it on these, 80motor-70motor, absolute max 80, battery 100 battery regen -15 on this battery
Swapped the battery out with another to try eliminate variables
Mosfet temp the highest IV seen was reaching 82 degrees, I adjusted the Dutch cycle limit start to 85% which has helped avoid the full power cuts and now it just restricts power until it has to stop.
Have a couple of solder joints on the esc phases to fix up a bit so hoping that is maybe where the issue lies

Raise “Absolute Maximum Current” to at least 160A or preferably the maximum it will allow you to set it at. Your problem will vanish.

2 Likes

Ok awesome will go back to that I didn’t like restricting the values cause it feels like extra headroom is only beneficial for voltage spikes etc but had been told it was out of the parameters I could run.
Now you say that though the and current fault only registered after changing that value, previously I was unable to get a code once the duty cycle limit was made to start earlier.
Cheers

2 Likes

Any guesstimate whatsoever on the 60s stormcore to be a available?!