LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

yeah i know it really does suck

One could legit do a week holiday to NYC and grab a bunch of expensive parts and probably cover their holiday costs in part savings.

3 Likes

If you could get them past customs on re-entry :joy:

1 Like

@klaus79856 you traveling anytime soon? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The price I put on the webshop is the suggested retail *1.21 (VAT) Will check with Lacroix to be in line with their EU price :slight_smile:

The price is not final just as an indication :slight_smile:

9 Likes

in about 6 weeks. But not for resale. We sell them to individuals and OEM. Resellers can’t buy 100D.

16 Likes

6 Likes

But will you be selling them to individuals for their builds?

3 Likes

Yes we will.

17 Likes

Awesome
Thanks a lot

Do you know what the price will be?

2 Likes

In light of this news, @moon maybe I do need that 5:1 gear reduction now :laughing:

Yes, you might get my drives now Shua.

1 Like

give me gear drive now…

yes

1 Like

60D-319USD
100S-239USD
100D-449USD

35 Likes

Will you have local pricing for the 15 Canadian’s that are on here lmao. Our dollar sucks ass right now :frowning:

4 Likes

Unlikely, our costs are in USD and don’t fluctuate with the $CDN :frowning:

7 Likes

Ooof, I mean I guess we’re already used to it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

nice are there a specific amount of units which will be in first batch
as in will there be a specific amount of people who can sign up for one

I remember someone asked on this forum if “dual parallel” also works on the Unity and @Deodand said that it should, but he didn’t tested it. I can confirm that it seems to work when compiling the right firmware and load it to the Unity.
PLEASE DON’T CONNECT THE PHASE WIRES WITH NORMAL UNITY FIRMWARE!!

First results looking good. I compared running a single motor with 50A phase current connected in “dual parallel” configuration to the same motor connected in standard single connection and logged the temperatures.

Here the result in dual parallel configuration:

Here the result in single configuration:

You can see that after 90 seconds the temperature of the single reached 46°C while the dual parallel only got to 35°C. (both started at 29°C with 50A continuous for 90 seconds)

So nice to see the Stormcore 100D getting finished now. Fantastic work by everyone involved! I could really make good use of the 100D in dual parallel configuration in my eBike running at the higher voltages the Stormcore enables to use.

Edit.: Changed link to smaller gif

23 Likes

wow awesome! thanks for taking the time to perform that test.

From my tests, the 100D has even better thermals, that will be definitely interesting to see.

15 Likes

Thank you for this!

16 Likes