LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

You “connect” everytime with a phone. But “pairing” is a step further that locks the ESC to your unique ID. It’ll give you an alphanumeric identifier that I would suggest screenshotting and saving in case the phone dies and you absolutely need to use another person’s phone

2 Likes

Nice! I set pairing done to true and can no longer connect, awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily to give ultimate protection. Just to stop someone from inadvertently connecting to your board when they honestly just wanted to change a setting in their own. I don’t think people go to rides with others to fuck you up. Just like I highly doubt someone who isn’t from the grouprides would have an app that could fuck something up on the esc

1 Like

Can someone explain the 60D vs 60D+? Something about a uart port? Does the 60D have a faulty port?

60D unfortunately only has 1 working external UART port. The one on the side doesn’t work :frowning:

60D+ fixes that issue, as well as uses lower resistance mosfets for more power / less heat, and also has improved phase filters or what not, so that it can support Vedder Sensorless Startup (VSS) and HFI better.

6 Likes

Does LaCroix offer a fix or replacement?

They shipped me a 60d+ and asked me to return the 60d. The shipping price was meh enough that I asked if I could pay an undisclosed amount to keep it as a backup and we agreed on an amount we thought was fair.

4 Likes

Not called “ASS” anymore? lmao

5 Likes

Depending on your application you could use a uSplit to get more UART ports.

3 Likes

My application is selling it haha. But this way I can tell people they can swap it maybe

2 Likes

The worst part is 5.2 FW doesn’t even let you use the second uart port :joy:

5.3 is still acting wonky for me but made the port work immediately.

1 Like

Same issue here, forever. Pretty sure I’ve seen the same reported elsewhere. But yeah- brakes give out right at the very end where I’d normally be coming to a stop. Pair of 100S.

Ever find a cause?

Have yet to tweak any settings since the last ride. I wonder if this is a firmware issue, would downgrading/upgrading to the beta 5.3 help? Hmmm

1 Like

I run fw5.1 on my daily rider and our motor/battery amp settings are nearly identical. (Just adding info)

I thought it was just my Flipsky 6.6. I believe it has something to do with smart reverse because when I use any other mode, it doesn’t have the issue.

3 Likes

You beautiful bastard. It definitely popped up after I turned on smart reverse. Thanks @jack.luis you JERK

4 Likes

There’s and RPM setting for smart reverse, the speed at which is can be enabled maybe, adjusting that could better/worsen the issue?

1 Like

Agreed. I’d avoid switching directions at high speed. But I have SR enabled on all of my boards no issues. Including the 20s.

Also, get in the habit of never full braking, especially at low speed.

2 Likes

Not sure this would help because it seems to happen really randomly (at least in my case).

2 Likes