LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

Just pair it? No one can connect to my stormcore without my phone

You mean keep your phone connected to it constantly so that no one else can pair and connect? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

No, once u pair it, then only that phone can pair to it again unless u have physical access to the usb port and change the setting in vesctool

iirc

3 Likes

You “connect” everytime with a phone. But “pairing” is a step further that locks the ESC to your unique ID. It’ll give you an alphanumeric identifier that I would suggest screenshotting and saving in case the phone dies and you absolutely need to use another person’s phone

2 Likes

Nice! I set pairing done to true and can no longer connect, awesome! :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily to give ultimate protection. Just to stop someone from inadvertently connecting to your board when they honestly just wanted to change a setting in their own. I don’t think people go to rides with others to fuck you up. Just like I highly doubt someone who isn’t from the grouprides would have an app that could fuck something up on the esc

1 Like

Can someone explain the 60D vs 60D+? Something about a uart port? Does the 60D have a faulty port?

60D unfortunately only has 1 working external UART port. The one on the side doesn’t work :frowning:

60D+ fixes that issue, as well as uses lower resistance mosfets for more power / less heat, and also has improved phase filters or what not, so that it can support Vedder Sensorless Startup (VSS) and HFI better.

6 Likes

Does LaCroix offer a fix or replacement?

They shipped me a 60d+ and asked me to return the 60d. The shipping price was meh enough that I asked if I could pay an undisclosed amount to keep it as a backup and we agreed on an amount we thought was fair.

4 Likes

Not called “ASS” anymore? lmao

5 Likes

Depending on your application you could use a uSplit to get more UART ports.

3 Likes

My application is selling it haha. But this way I can tell people they can swap it maybe

2 Likes

The worst part is 5.2 FW doesn’t even let you use the second uart port :joy:

5.3 is still acting wonky for me but made the port work immediately.

1 Like

Same issue here, forever. Pretty sure I’ve seen the same reported elsewhere. But yeah- brakes give out right at the very end where I’d normally be coming to a stop. Pair of 100S.

Ever find a cause?

Have yet to tweak any settings since the last ride. I wonder if this is a firmware issue, would downgrading/upgrading to the beta 5.3 help? Hmmm

1 Like

I run fw5.1 on my daily rider and our motor/battery amp settings are nearly identical. (Just adding info)

I thought it was just my Flipsky 6.6. I believe it has something to do with smart reverse because when I use any other mode, it doesn’t have the issue.

3 Likes

You beautiful bastard. It definitely popped up after I turned on smart reverse. Thanks @jack.luis you JERK

4 Likes