LACROIX Stormcore ESC and iOS app info

From the pics looks good

1 Like

To rule out power to the esc, grab any 12v wall adaptor and give it an xt90 connector. You can’t go through motor detection as it requires more amps but you’ll be set on whether the esc lights up again and connects to vesctool

1 Like

Don’t forget to triple check polarity. It’s probably easy to forget amidst all this trouble you’re having right now.

2 Likes

Hmm that sounds a little riskier than the multimeter but I like the idea. If Lowe’s doesn’t have any I’ll try it out

2 Likes

Don’t know about risk if done well :woman_shrugging:t3:
That’s what I was doing before I got my pack finished.
It’s a minimal voltage and the worst that has happened to me is the esc tries to pull more amps, and ends up power cycling. That’s why I say motor detection :wink:
If it kills something, it was inevitable as your pack clearly gives out a bigger voltage

3 Likes

Look at this beauty. Can’t wait to finish my beast to marry em together😍

2 Likes

@Blasto what’s the maximum current i can draw from the battery voltage 2pin jst and/or other 5V pins on the Stormcore? I want to use the antispark to turn on and off something that would otherwise have idle current.

3 Likes

Can confirm

7 Likes

There’s a 1A fuse on the battery voltage 2pins

1A draw total from the 5V, so prob 500mA would be the safe max

5 Likes

One fast roomba :grin:

4 Likes

Update

4 Likes

I’m interested but I think the videos broken

3 Likes

And the symptom stays the same, won’t turn on?

Can we try one last thing, unplug the ppm connector and try to turn it on

Drop an email at support@lacroixboards.com with your info, we’ll get you another with a return label

5 Likes

What kind of BT Module is inside the Stormcore?

2 Likes

what are you apple users using to run motor & input detection with these? It runs on FW5, stormcore app is iOS only, but the apps available to apple users for running config is ackmaniac and VT 1.16 and 2.03, both of which cannot operate on FW5…So I’m confused as to how an apple user should run their config on this, as the stormcore app does not seem to have that option available? Sorry if this has been answered already

Have you tried using METR?

1 Like

Vesc tool 2.05 worked fine for me on Mac

2 Likes

I get this

3 Likes

I don’t have an extra METR. Like a unity METR pro?

For the Stormcore you’ll need a regular METR Pro. What version of the Vesc tool are you using?