Lacroix Prototipo for sale. USA Sold!!!

The time has come and I’ve decided to sell my Prototipo. It still has e the stock DSS50+ battery and dual FocBoxes and the only electronics change that has been made was the swap to a VX4 receiver and remote. As can be seen in the photos, the board is wearing Xcell Spyder XTs in nickel and BKB 6” tires. The MBS trucks have been upgraded to metal up top and with Radium adapters (and the Ti adjusters) to allow the use of the blue and white Riptide bushings that are currently installed. Cosmetically it is in at least excellent shape with only a couple of minor scratches on the enclosure and on the motor mounts as pictured. Additionally I have included a picture of the deck that I took prior to the griptape swap. It is excellent under there. Functionally is is at least as good as can be expected given the age of the battery. I’m not the original owner, but it was well cared for by the previous one and I’ve been very good to it since too. I’ve done 13 miles more than once at a pretty brisk pace for me (mostly above 20mph) on this battery when it was on 7” tires and the MBS wheels and 20t motor pulleys with sag becoming only noticeable after 10 miles. I’ve never ridden the battery to dry. The board will ship with what is mentioned above and seen in the photos, the charger, the black MBS wheels (they’re black and I have 5, some yellow and orange shock blocks, 18t (look new), 19t (currently installed) and 20t (pretty worn) motor pulleys, and one extra wheel pulley. I’d prefer a face to face cash sale in SE Texas (Houston area) but might be able to manage San Antonio or Austin if the timing is right. Alternatively, I do have a super secure shipping box and will ship for actual shipping cost via UPS ground. For reference, I priced it at about $50USD using my discount, to the NYC area. I’m asking NOW SOLD TO AzSeahawkstrong text**** for this clean Prototipo and will take Zelle, USPS money order or (with the appropriate time to clear) a check . The ONLY trade I’d consider is for 100 dollar bills (13 of them) or any combination of 10s, 20s or 50s that’ll get you there. :slight_smile:

Preformatted textstrong text

12 Likes

Some additional photos

11 Likes

$1500 shipped to AZ?

4 Likes

I can do that if you pay with Zelle.

3 Likes

you know what size battery and cells are in it atm? its probably shot and will have to end up getting a new batt for it

1 Like

It’s a DSS50+ so Sanyo 20700s. No need for a new pack right away. Undoubtedly the existing one is past its prime, but it still charges fine and holds a charge fine. Range isn’t what it was when new I’m sure, but it’s rideable as is and I’ve mentioned what mileage I get as it currently sits. I can’t speak for the original owner, but he was an an adult with several PEVs and a knowledge of how they are to be cared for, so I felt good about it when I paid for it. Since I’ve had it, it’s been housed in my climate controlled workshop and charged/discharged/stored properly. When I bought it, I planned to hire out a new pack build, or buy the battery building tools required and learn to build my own. After owning it though, it became less something I wanted to do. In its stock 10s5p configuration, it is a full 10lbs lighter than my Kaly XL2.0 was and I knew that I didn’t want to turn it into something heavier. I’m 61 years old and 30mph is fast enough, plus the Kaly was already good for 40mph if I was feeling frisky. My Propel Endeavor has a 12s6p custom battery build and it’s there for if I ever needed 30 miles of range, so getting more range or power or speed out of the Prototipo just never became a priority. On the days that I had time, and the stamina for it, I take the Kaly out for 10 or 15 miles or I’d hit the trails on one of my suspension boards, and return home to take the Prototipo out for another 10 or less. I live in a rural neighborhood with miles and miles of quiet asphalt and more than 10 miles of equestrian trails, so this became my routine most of the time. If I knew I only had an hour or so for a ride on pavement, the Prototipo was often first choice. Now I understand that your needs might be different, and yes, the battery is getting on in years, but just know that it’s very, very rideable as is.
Oh and if you’re interested, I’ll also take a personal check (with the appropriate wait for it to clear) or USPS money orders.

3 Likes

my lonestar is an OG lonestar likely similar age with lots of miles on it. built with these same cells. it’s only lost a few percent of range.

so it’s probalby not shot unless it’s been abused. which sounds like it hasn’t.

1 Like

Thanks for the input on this fessyfoo. I’ve heard some long range claims on the Prototipo, but I suspect that the numbers of 30+ miles were arrived at by taking actual mileage from a light rider over flat ground at low speeds in perfect weather and then inflating them some. :grin: At the 220lbs then down to 195lbs weight I’ve been over the time I’ve owned this Lacroix, I’ve always thought the range was “about right” for the pack’s age.

Dropping the price to $1400 shipped to destinations in the CONUS.
*** I’d really hate to part this thing out ***

3 Likes

Just so people have the right expectations, nobody is getting 30 miles out of 10s5p on pneumatics. On a brand new p42a pack the best you could expect to do is 25 miles (generous estimate TBH). So take 25 miles and adjust however you want to account for sanyo cells and age.

It’s a great looking board and I’m sure someone will love riding it. good luck with the sale.

4 Likes

That is an excellent looking board. Price isn’t bad at all. Definitely project-worthy for a 12s rebuild.

3 Likes

Oof, not even an offer…

Guess I paid WAY too much for it in bone stock form a couple of years ago.

1 Like

It’s like buying a car unfortunately :cry:
but this is a beautiful board I think when the weather gets nicer you’ll get some offers

2 Likes

esk8 always feels dead in the winter. Nobody is buying completes right now. $1500 is a very reasonable price. I’m sure you’ll be able to get that when summer rolls around.

2 Likes

Bumped with a price drop in original post.

2 Likes

board seems great. Have patience ! It would be a shame to let it go for less that you’re asking

2 Likes

I agree. IMO, the Prototipo is one of the best boards ever made. It rides fantastic and it’s beautiful to look at. Its a classic. I wish this deal was around before I bought mine.

4 Likes

The weather is warming and I’m sure someone needs a nice Prototipo in order to better enjoy it!

3 Likes

Messaged on Facebook, I’ll take it if available still

Offer declined so this is still available.

1 Like