Lacroix Nazare battery Capacity

I believe you could fit a whole lotta Molicel M35A 18650’s in the Lacroix Enclosure also. I think the Flux Motion AT2 still has the 18650’s.

But if I didn’t already have a couple of unused 12S VESC’s laying around, I would probably go with the 18S4P configuration discussed above in this thread.

Is there space to “wing” up the last cell like what I had alex do on my moonshine build?
Makes for a bit more tedious nickel cutting, but most enclosures have more height on the perimeter.

I think it’d be better off on like the second last cell, or even better, multiple cells. In any case, i think it would be difficult to achieve without a gasket.

I think the depth across the deck/enclosure would be basically the same all the way across, as it’s right at the transition to the nose

2 Likes

I don’t think he is planning to use that last row at the front. See his picture here (using space that is not normally used for batteries in the croix enclosures):

12s6p will fit fine with that plan. I think 18s4p is a better way to go, or even 20s4p.

@campbellsoup you could easily fit 20s4p in there if you put two p groups in the front compartment (with the cells next to the ESC and BMS like in @LAKESHORE pictures). 20s4p in that enclosure would be easy to do, and it’s a great battery size that will get you 30-35 miles of range.

I just finished my Lacroix build last night and it will definitely fit a 12S6P of 21700’s. In the front enclosure compartment, I just had to offset the 2 end cells (instead of flat) and I just spot welded them using 30mm nickel. It was really easy to do.