Lacroix Jaws good for beginner?

If you were aiming for Lacroix, metroboard should not be in your scope

1 Like

not aiming for anything in particulare, lacroix just seemed to be more popular amongst high end boards, so the first i looked at. im looking for any recommendations

How much does a prototipo sells for there?

1 Like

Look up for the fluxmotion thread here on the forum. He’s in EU btw.

1 Like

Last one I’ve noticed was 1500usd
Was a dss50+ and extra tires

2 Likes

ah ok will do thanks!

may as well get a Jaws if looking for a prototipo the specs are pretty damn similar.

1 Like

If you don’t mind paying an extra g for it

1 Like

The Flux is really new.
@CiscoV has one.
There is a endless thread on it…

But yeah no YouTube yet.

The deck is almost the same as the LaCroix.
It uses the same wheels hubs and trucks as the LaCroix.

The battery on the Flux is bigger.
The motors are smaller.

@EboardSolutions what Esc will these have and if he ordered one today when would he get it?

2 Likes

I think you should tell us more about your range requirements / riding conditions, because those 2 are quite different boards. Heck, maybe you want a Kaly :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Gonna have to agree with my guy here. The size of the board makes no difference (especially if you have no experience). If it did… I’d be dead already. My worst crashes have been on small 10s boards. Quality of the board makes a difference too. Faulty equipment from cheap companies can kill. Lacroix is not one of them.

Take it easy, learn the ropes, get comfortable. Work your way up until you feel confident but not too confident. That’s when bad shit happens.

5 Likes

If you have the budget for a high end board available then you should try and purchase a top end board. Spend some time on the forum researching and consider what type of riding you think will fit your style.

Lacroix Nazare or a Kaly are both good options. Lacroix are belt driven and Kaly are gear driven. If you are located in the EU the others suggestion of the Flux board is solid. I have a custom built with the Flux deck and enclosure and I am loving mine.

If you have ample experience with boardsports then you will be fine. Get comfortable with using the remote and some carving and in no time you will be wanting to shred. I purchased a budget board first and after 30 days I was upgrading.

Wear a helmet and safety gear and have a blast… Welcome to the hobby!

2 Likes

Looked into the Kaly but they are sold out on the website

2 Likes

Ah. That sucks. Dudes got some really nice stuff. I have his gear drive with a lacroix prototypo and a battery that we built. Years laters, it’s still perfect.

2 Likes

Send Ernesto an email or DM on instagram and see if he can help you out or provide a timeline for when they will be back in stock.

1 Like

I support the idea of starting with a real board and not a toy. Just learn to respect her and grow into your new relationship. Don’t disrespect her by thinking she’s just like one of the other girls. She will eat you alive if you try. :joy:

6 Likes

Depends on alot of what you are looking for in a board. Top speed, range , torque, portability, comfort level with hands on maintenance? Etc

1 Like

Was gonna say Lacroix/Flux/Kaly tick all of those boxes…but then there was one…

:grimacing::man_facepalming::rofl:

4 Likes

That’s a good deal. I saw them at that price a while ago. I’ve seen a few go for > $2k recently. they are appreciating.

saw one list for $2k today an sell in less than an hour.

4 Likes

I think it’s the hype of discontinued products.
You get a board that runs great but doesn’t exist anymore. You get a well built battery, decent motors, trucks, and wheels. And the infamous orange box.

If i saw a board that runs 2 or 4 focboxes 1.7, I’d probably do the same for those

1 Like