Lacroix Jaws good for beginner?

I’m brand new to the e board world but have been surfing and snowboarding for many years. Was looking for a solid pre built and wondering if the Lacroix series boards would be overkill for a newbie? On their website it doesn’t recommend new people ride them but wondering if actual riders have an opinion? Or could recommend me a solid board to purchase for a newb. I’m not looking to buy any Chinese rebranded stuff.

6 Likes

@Venom121212 please tell me you have that video of Miles @ IMI his first time on a lacroix? Shit @Lunasi, you got it?

2 Likes

Lol is it bad? I’m looking for recommendations

1 Like

Isn’t this exactly what different speed modes on the remote are for? I don’t think being new to the scene is a reason not to get a Lacroix, especially since you have a surfing and snowboarding background.

4 Likes

Well that’s why I’m asking for input. Oh the lacroix website it does say “not recommended for beginners” so hoping for recommendations or input

Big boards have a harder learning curve as it’s easy to make dangerous mistakes, small boards are low risk

2 Likes

How to put that… The board could make you think you’re good because it’s large and stable, until you fall hard when you can’t correct your stance / wobble out due to lack of experience.

It’s a heavy machine with a LOT of power (less on the Jaws VS Nazare). Being inattentive with the throttle could throw you off or launch the board and break someone’s leg easily.

My opinion is that you should look at some smaller boards to build experience first.

With that said, they are great boards and if you go with it, build up slowy and don’t be overconfident.
You won’t be falling on water or snow this time.

1 Like

Not I said the fly

2 Likes
2 Likes

is there any board you’d recommend?

Find a used prototipo. Get a taste of it and transfer to jaws/nazaré/Lonestar when you feel like you’ve outgrown it. As a bonus, prototipos are excellent boards to use for diy upgrades

5 Likes

Are you speaking of the time Chooch the unicycle dude crashed the new Lacroix on the final straight? IDK his first name.

I personally think OP would be fine with a Lacroix. There’s room to grow into, just take it easy the first few months. before you really get a feel for your own skill and the boards charecter.

4 Likes

Yes Chooch (Miles)

Definitely some speed wobble throughout his laps.

5 Likes

Lmao. Just buy the damn board, Start off slow and work your way up
It’s Just an electric skateboard. not a deadly weapon :rofl:

17 Likes

@jo3jo3520 I second this as well. Not trying to steer you away from a lacroix. It’s just a priceless video of a brand new lacroix.

3 Likes

Hypertrucks getting the best of people right there.
Those things can definitely be dangerous but jaws come with matrix 2 trucks witch I’ve found to be way more stable and supportive than hypertrucks Well. At least for speed

4 Likes

Dude if you can afford it buy it you can always learn later :rofl: But for real’s there’s probably a beginner mode

3 Likes

YES QUEEEEEN!

1 Like

Pretty sure you throttle it into someone’s legs and it’ll leave a good mark or worse :joy:

7 Likes