La Croix ¥ MBS Matrix II ¥ MBS 5*9” ¥ eToxx helical 1:6.25 ¥ 30Q 12s7p ¥ Unity?

How are your nuts holding up with your 5 stars? I had my buddy with a lathe help shave my nuts (he’s a reallly good friend) and I think they look great. Left about 2mm, which is what I think you ended up with, correct? What do you think?

4 Likes

Nice! 2mm is what I ended up with as well thanks to @rey8801

But you get to test first :pensive:

I have the Unity’s but have been balls-out busy for last couple of months.

2 Likes

You fartknocker! I thought you’d have done all the hard Guinea pigging by now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ve been crazy busy too, but I guess I need to pull some late nighters to test pilot these things.

And on another note, I just had an idea of using the grub screw hole for a bolt on fender that goes on the outside of the wheel. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I bet @riako could make or adapt a design that works.:thinking:

1 Like

That could work fine, there is already a fender design on thingiverse afaik

Could you not adapt it yourself? It’s 95% there, just some cad work

2 Likes

Thanks @Venom121212 this is nice, found a couple of Ti fasteners in the bolt :package:

5 Likes

I need to work on my CAD skills so I can mix this design up a bit! Nice work @Venom121212 is it on Thingiverse?

2 Likes

sure is

2 Likes

Is that a gold davega? :star_struck:

2 Likes

If you can draw poorly what you’re after, I’m happy to design something for you… I lack creativity. Fellow mtbs gotta look out! Pm me though so we don’t derail this beautiful thread I somehow missed.

1 Like

It’s true, a derail here would be a shame… but perhaps it would encourage @magharees to finish the build!

slinks away to procrastinate further on own build

3 Likes

Not really, it’s a Proton Monitor with a wood pla case. It connects to UART of ESC, can drive some low powered lights, has a couple of USB ports. The dev @wadji (search .builders)

Seems to have lost interest in connecting with the community & improving it. However it does support the Unity which is cool.

The case is a derivative of @LR-designs model for the 1st DaveGA, it’s on thingiverse.

But given I don’t know whether you can actually buy a Proton and if Wadji plans to keep on developing it or answer any support queries I cannot recommend it really :confused:

My experience purely on the bench so far is that it is promising but DaveGA raced ahead in features and I don’t see this coming back as a competitor unless some work is done to release features like endless ride, geo stuff, ride data in the cloud etc.

Also it has a flakey f/w updater tool which makes you feel like you’ve bricked it, documentation is scant and dev. has left the building.

I hear you!

2 Likes

@magharees, I have also the prototypo deck installed with street trucks. Trying to figure out if the MBS Matrix trucks have the same hole pattern as an old/new school street trucks and if there is a difference between Matrix / Matrix II ? I’m considering an upgrade.

They have the same pattern (old school). There are some differences between the two trucks (mostly springs vs urethane dampeners) but the Matrix I (pro, whatever you want to call it) is pretty hard to get a hold of because they don’t make them anymore.

Channel trucks lean/turn completely differently than TKP or RKP, but you’ll probably like it, most people seem to.

2 Likes

may i ask where i can find the stls for those spacers?