Kynd Board x MBoards - Khymera

I was wondering if anyone has seen this offering by mboards? Mboards With lacroix now out of business I wanted to grab the new barrel ss but that isnt going to happen, this looked to be the closest board it the general price range.

Ok mboards… damn I see you. This is sick!

8 Likes

It’s not a barrel super sport if your looking for high voltage. But if your comparing it to a normal barrel sorta same ball park. Barrel is a chunk shorter and narrow vs the khymera.

2 Likes

I agree it does seem pretty cool, good way to revive the deck and I like the new name

1 Like

It’s higher performance than the normal barrel for sure. This is 12s8p with a DV6 Pro, so you can basically push double the battery amps and double the phase amps compared to a lacroix barrel.

2 Likes

If you want a barrel why not get the flowstate combo and build an 18s setup from there? Also from mboards.

2 Likes

But what is mboards setting it to?

1 Like

@mikebeard can suck a fat one.
Get a hoyt. They KNOW how to make a board not just copypasta the Mboards way.
Endurance is the biggest pice of shit I’ve seen, I’m sure this is no different

Edit:
He can suck all the fat ones along with the flaggers

1 Like

How fat?

If I took a wild guess - 80a per side?

160a would likely provide too much power for the beginner buying a mboards prebuilt.

That’s the beauty of vesc - dial it in to your own preferences. Also the downside - screw it up and good luck with mboards lol

To be fair… The barrel is very slow lol

It wouldn’t take much to beat it

2 Likes

I get what you mean, but it’s interesting that Mboards has taken the opposite approach from lacroix.

The barrel has garbage acceleration because lacroix geared a 12s board for 45mph (and relatively speaking low amp ESC).

The Kynd/Mboard has a much lower top speed (22-33mph depending on motors), but nobody will complain it lacks power.

140kv motors with high motor amp settings would probably make this the most powerful prebuilt available today (in terms of force in Newtons), if you’re ok with a depressingly slow top speed.

Yeah 33mph is pretty slow, I personally would have gone 170kv motors for headroom

Thanks. It’s actually a kyndboard. Which is actually a west coast standard which is actually a psychotiller.

But for the best khymera pricing use your telegram and get ahold of the guy that presses them. :sunglasses::corn:

3 Likes

FlowState Fishbone deck is the same size as the OG Prototipo but enclosure can house 12s8p or 18s4p.
We drew inspiration from everything I loved about my proto and improved on it.

3 Likes